First time to the range (Pic Heavy/56k Death)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Fenix, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Well, finally got to go to the range:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIFfnlfafdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIFfnlfafdU[/ame]

Weather was balmy 29 F, with mild winds.

Got to try out my crossbow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sad to admit my girlfriend was a better shot than me with the crossbow, but to be fair I was the one sighting it in as I went along, as well as aiming for the head.

Also, got to try my Remington 870
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mid-Recoil- :twisted:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, fun day, learned quite a bit.

2. Cool pics. Sure beats sitting in front of the tube waiting to go to bed doesn't it? :)

3. Looks like you had a good time, a little too cold for me though

4. Fenix

Fenix Guest

A tip-
    I used my barrel as a handwarmer :wink:

5. Sure does :shock:

Nice shootin by the way.

6. Nice toys!! I like the 870, I have been thinking on getting one myself.

Tell your girlfriend that I think she has pretty hair, I'm a sucker for redheads.

I like the grouping with the shotgun! LOL

7. For turkey hunting, that shotgun pattern is a bit spread out to make a clean kill shot... You did get pellets in the head, but not enough for comfort. Of course, if you're using a Modified or Improved cylinder choke tube, that's about as good as you're gonna get.

8. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

what kind of fancy up scale range is that!? concrete walkways?

i shoot in the dirt..

9. jason865

jason865 Guest

Nice 870 there. That loks like a pretty open choke as Primal stated. Although for turkey, I would go with at least a full if not extra full choke for a tighter pattern at distance. Personally, I like to shoot skeet with a modified, and use an extra full for anything else. It is all about personal preference though.

10. I shoot skeet and dove hunt with a modified, extra full choke for Turkey.