First time with new C9!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by damageinc, Apr 1, 2008.

1. damageinc

damageinc Guest

I just bought my first handgun ever, and it happens to be the great C9!
    I took out to the range by my house and fired its first 150 rounds through it!
    I had about 5 or 6 jams with the first 100 rounds. These also happened to be winchester white box. I then purchased some Fiocci (spelling?) ammo at 10 bucks and it had no problems at all. I'm not sure if it was because I had already fired 100 rounds or because the Fiocci worked better.

Anyway I had a damn good time and I'm happy to have purchased this gun. I think after 5 or 6 months of having the C9, I'll probably graduate to the 45. I'm already addicted! :D

2. Welcome. Just remember when it comes to the break-in period or the type of ammo: Your Mileage May Vary 8)

I love my C9 and after my son fired it, he bought one. We both think it is a great gun. And, IMHO, I think it looks pretty sharp.

You may want to invest in a Hogue grip (I think a standard size universal). Also, IMHO, it is the only accessory you need to buy. Well, besides 100's of magazines. :D

3. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

4. Congrats and welcome. Nothing like these Hi-Points!!

5. wd6bgn

wd6bgn Guest

You may find a differance in the leangth of the cartragages (sp?). I just posted a bit about the differant lengths. Winchester white box = longer = jams. Remington = shorter = no jams. Dunno why. More later.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

7. I use Blazer Brass with no problems. Welcome.