first trip and????

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by RedBird94, Dec 14, 2014.

1. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

first trip to the range with my 4595. bought it used, only the stock sights. started on the 50yd range. hitting 12-15" low. reset sights, started walking up to center of target, but not consistently. tried 50 feet and also 25yds. still allover the place. Very happy with the operation of the gun. I know with more time I can get it sighted in. Have a bore sight, and using the trajectory table I will set sights based on that. Updates to follow.

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Double check the rail and make sure it is tight. At 50 yds mine will shoot under 3 inches with pretty much any ammo using a red dot. Keep us posted.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

4. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

bought this used, no idea where the sights were set. Anyone know approximate base setting for stock iron sights? What range?

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

One good way to start is center the sight for both elevation and windage. Put a large paper target at 10 yds with an aiming point in the center. Shoot and adjust to point of aim. Then move it out and repeat. Continue until you get to the range you wish to zero at.

6. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

Would like to have it zero'd at 50 yards. then I can adjust out to 100. As a defense weapon, it will be point and shoot. Pretty good at that. This is fun shooting/plinking stuff. Plus a little friendly competition with my older brother

7. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

ok, on the paper now. Had to drop the front sight 3/8". consistently on target left to right. now to fine tune the verticle. Previous owner must have been sighted at 10 yards or less. Very pleased, now that I can hit the target.

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Gotta love the 45's!

Attached Files: