First whitetail

Discussion in 'Grip and Grins' started by Pistolkitty, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Yep, gotta ditch the pistol part. Maybe "Thunderstick (from The Far Side cartoons) kitty" is more appropriate:

thuderstick.jpg

Nicely done :cheers:. I almost hit a deer about that size a couple of weeks ago, would have torn my Mini up.

Rerun, Pistolkitty and Greg B. like this.
  2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

The largest deer I've harvested I took with a '71 El Camino while driving along Route 45 in the Eastern panhandle of West Virginia in '96.

eldar

Pistolkitty likes this.

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Don't they make seat warmers??

4. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

GOOD for YOU! Let him whine.

Pistolkitty likes this.
  5. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

They do. The bunsen burner is the best one you can get to use. Bit hard on the clothes, let alone the bum under them.

beaglenc likes this.
  6. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

He's kind of an indoor guy....

Now he's bragging about my buck like it's his. I go into the grocery store tonight after work amd the checker already knows about it, ffs....

fatal-bert33, Rerun and Dane like this.
  7. Pistolkitty

Well I started stripping the skull tonight. Kid had a blast cutting the tongue up and the eyeballs to see what was inside. She said "mom, am I twisted for thinking this is cool?"
    I said "No, absolutely not, this is science!"

Now she's begging for hunter safety. So I'm using it as a carrot: work on your math facts and prove to me you can study, and I'll sign you up for hunter safety!

8. It all fit. The lionesses (PK) do most of the hunting for the pride while the male (bragging hubby) stays back and watches over the cubs.

Rerun and Pistolkitty like this.
  9. Tell her she needs to study ballistics...

Rerun, histed and Pistolkitty like this.
  10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Well, what is yours is his right?? :)

11. Pistolkitty

No.

OldOutlaw and Rerun like this.
  12. colthrash

colthrash Member

get the hunters safety card as bait and use the license as a carrot...

Pistolkitty likes this.
  13. Pistolkitty

I like that!

But she still has to improve her study habits, she will not find the testing part easy- she gets test anxiety. And we just had parent teacher conferences and report cards and she's struggling with math. 4th grade and it's only going to get harder if she can't get her math facts down.

Rerun likes this.
  14. histed

histed Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Madam, from this point forward, thou shalt no be "kitty" but "La Tigre" - Mistress of the Wild.

Pistolkitty likes this.
  15. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Your daughter 'could be a rocket scientist '!

eldar

Pistolkitty likes this.
  16. Pistolkitty

Well I did the backstrap and the tenderloin today. Going to go over Saturday and get down to business. Our large tree farm where it's hanging in the big shop has a room upstairs in the shop with a whole butchering station- knives, cutting boards, sink, big counters, grinder, paper, bags, tape, sharpies, everything I could need to butcher. The owner and my co manager are big hunters so they have a he'll of a setup for them and all their buddies to use. I'm looking forward to spending a big chunk of Black Friday butchering and avoiding the crowds!

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter