Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left to right, Ka-Bar 1211, Colonial Providence USA hunting knife (70s? 60s?) Imperial RI hunting knife (also 60s-70s), and Buck 877G Maverick that I was gifted for my kids. I probably will get an Ontario Spec Plus SP2 pilot knife in November to go with the 1211

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
I have a kitchen full of fixed blades.
Then a pile of others in various places. Tool box, tool bench, loading bench, truck doors, BOB, GHB, fishing vest, kayak seat bag, even in the coffee table remote holder.

Some names? Old Timer Sharpfinger, SOG Seal Pup, Gerber Gator, several Mora including the Eldris that hangs behind my truck seat, a few Rapala Maartini filet knives, An old Schrade of some type, plus a few home made from kits.
Then, there are the bayonets…

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a few kitchen knives, no name cheapies. Put out of reach of the curious toddler. Pretty sure my fileting knife is a Kershaw, somewhere in my fishing kit. No bayonets at the moment, most sellers around here want too much for them. Do X-actos count, if one can replace blades? Ditto for box knives

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
Give it a few years…they just accumulate over time.😉
The bayonets were bought back when they, like the guns they fit, were just unwanted “surplus”, and not yet “collectible”.

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
What fixed blades were on me yesterday (Friday)? Only one. My Tops Tom Brown Tracker #4.

But I did have 2 more in my EDC bag. A Nessmuk style that was gifted to me, and my Old Hickory Outdoors Kephart style Fish and Small Game Knife.

Huge fan of the Kephart and I have had a couple for a while. The Nessmuk is fairly new to my collection. I have a TOPS version and this Western version. It’s not hard for me at all to say the Nessmuk pattern has become my favorite all around fixed blade knife.

Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
Fixed blades? I have a bunch. But here's a favorite.
Material: Bronze
Origin: Luristan
Circa 3,000 B.C.
Maker: Unknown

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
Fixed blades? I have a bunch. But here's a favorite.
Material: Bronze
Origin: Luristan
Circa 3,000 B.C.
Maker: Unknown

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
Sure…that’s cool and all. But can you baton with it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts