Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys (and Gals),
1st post, I have had a 9mm for awhile and have had no problems at all. Purchased a new JHP 45 for myself, (gave the 9mm to wife). However, the 45 with both new magazines was trouble from day one. No matter which ammo used would nose up jamb every 2ed or 3rd round. Took it apart and polished the feed ramp, really cleaned and lubed... no help, exactly as before, every 2ed, 3rd round nose up jamb. I read here about tweeking the mag lips. Took it to range with needle nose pliers and a gauge. I only adjusted the outermost (bullet nose end) of the mag. Finally, after 50 - 60 rounds one mag at .431 width and the other at .429 success. Fired another 60 rounds ( Blazer brass, Rem, S & B, and white box) without a single FTF. I have seen other mention this problem but no specs to correct. Hope this helps someone with same problems. John

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
I had got dimensions from another forum sometime back and they had .430 listed that seems spot on with your numbers right between the 2 you ended up at. Thanks for the real world verification I had nose up problems with factory ammo at first, that went away but returned with my reloads, I think I may do some mag tweaking. Thanks again. As an aside are your dimensions in the rear of the mag .397 or there abouts?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
:welcome: from Oklahoma and many thanks for the information! I have a JHP that started its life with me jamming more than shooting. It's improving though I still get the occasional jam. Now I have an excuse to buy a tool to measure the various mag dimensions. :angel:

·
Registered
111 Posts
call me stupid, but what exactly has to be .430? like how do u figure out if ur close...im lost lol...my mag has had no problems thru 200 rounds so im curious

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
The opening of the front lips on the mag. Don't worry about it if yours feeds fine if it ain't broke don't fix it! lol Although if you took a caliper to it I'd be curious what yours is since it works fine. This is the .45 we're talking about to be clear the 9mm will of course be different

1 - 9 of 9 Posts