Fixing aiming problem

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by sdbrit68, Oct 12, 2014.

1. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

First time I tried my new c9, I mentioned it shoots high and left, I probably need to adjust the sights, then wondered why mt ole lady shots mid and a little right, other people shooting dead on.

I tried something new today, and maybe it will work for others, I removed my glasses, I have a distance nucisance prescription. I just cant see road signs until it is almost too late.

I immedaitely, and I mean the very next magazine, went to 1/4 or less, to around a 1/2 inch of dead center......with a few wingers here and there, I am a beginner.

The problem is, I don't know what to do, distance glasses make the target clearer, but blur the sights some for me, reading glasses, sights are great, target is a blur

2. From what I've read, the front sight should be clear, while the rear sight and target appear somewhat fuzzy. In your case, maybe it's better to see the sights clearly, as long as you can identify your target. I'm nearsighted and wear glasses, beside which, my accuracy is only adequate at 10-12 yards anyway.

3. jcwit

jcwit Member

This may help.
    http://www.bullseyepistol.com/chapter2.htm

The solution is partly in focusing the eye on the front sight during the delivery of the shot.

[​IMG]
    Wrong
    Figure 2-4b. Improper. Control of sight alignment is not precise. Distinct focus on target renders sight indistinct. Error incorporated here is the same as Figs 34a and is not as readily apparent.

[​IMG]
    Correct
    Figure 2-4c. Proper. Control alignment is precise. Focus limited to front sight only, renders the sights distinct and target indistinct and sight relationship can be controlled constantly.

1. It is imperative to maintain 'front slight point of focus" throughout the sighting and aiming of the pistol. The shooter must concentrate on maintaining the correct relationship between front and rear sight, and the point of focus must be on the front sight during the short period required to deliver the shot. If the focus is displaced forward, and the target is momentarily in clear focus, the ability of shooter to achieve correct sight alignment is jeopardized for that moment. Frequently, this is the moment that the pistol fires. A controlled, accurate shot is impossible under these conditions.

2. When the eye is focused on the target the relatively small movement of the arm appears magnified. However, when the eye is correctly focuses on the front sight this movement appears to have been reduced.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  4. jcwit

jcwit Member

Well the pictures did not show, check out the link.

5. sdbrit68

Thanks jcwit, I read through it once, now need to go back and read it slower and try to digest the information a little more.

Did search on the topic, seems to happen to many people, they use bifocals, as progressive lenses many are saying were a problem

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Most issues can be corrected:

Attached Files:

7. I like the mini 14 on the last target.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Exactly.

Well,let's see how you did...oh, see, there's your problem...:D

9. sdbrit68

I wnet down to the sporting goods store and got some smith and wesson shooting glasses and put in the yelkow lens, now i ma 6 out of 8 in the black circle of those targets.

Called my doctor, guy called me right back, told me its not unique in a almost 50 year old shooter, especially with a newer handgun shooter, since I havent had the abilty to adjust over time.

I am going in next week to have some progressive safety glasses made