Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,012 Posts
I don't think they are very highly regarded, as a general rule of thumb. With that said, Annette is pretty well regarded in the firearms community. And the holster made it through ECQC.
Basically the cheapest holster can make it through. The holster itself is well its a kydex nothing wrong so much as its just not the right material and that clip on a bra BS. She is doing a basic review not good no bad.

So mmany better options for ladies or others that like bras to use. That dont flop and dangle a firearm.

As far as her personally I don't care who she is. But in fairness I don't care who anyone is. Especially people in the firearms community. Why because they are some of the most dishonest reviewers there are. They live off of free products from the people they are reviewing.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I've seen other reviews of these. Seems that ladies either love them or hate them - no middle ground. @moona11 - E actually used one and didn't like it? Curious as to why, as she and probably PK are the two most gun savvy women I "know."

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically the cheapest holster can make it through. The holster itself is well its a kydex nothing wrong so much as its just not the right material and that clip on a bra BS. She is doing a basic review not good no bad.

So mmany better options for ladies or others that like bras to use. That dont flop and dangle a firearm.

As far as her personally I don't care who she is. But in fairness I don't care who anyone is. Especially people in the firearms community. Why because they are some of the most dishonest reviewers there are. They live off of free products from the people they are reviewing.

Have you taken Craig Douglas's ECQC? My understanding (I have not taken it yet) is that it very hard on holsters.

I think what sets this video apart is the portion from Douglas's ECQC class.

I agree there are better options. But this might work for some.

I understand the sentiment in regards to reviewers.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,012 Posts
I've seen other reviews of these. Seems that ladies either love them or hate them - no middle ground. @moona11 - E actually used one and didn't like it? Curious as to why, as she and probably PK are the two most gun savvy women I "know."
Look at how its attached. Its not part of the bra. And bras are made to support the titties. Not some huck of metal in-between them. Added weight and such. Actual gun bras are designed for it. This is not. And could you see your wife trying to wear that in a form fitting shirt or dress. E can carry a revolver like that while she goes running. And she does. This contraption will knock her out or pull off the bra. Lol

Try this this on your underwear. Hook it by you boys and just run around. Lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally, I usually just dismiss the Flash Bang. But with Annette (don't know her personally) doing the video and the portion of the video from Douglas's ECQC, I thought it was something to thing about.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,012 Posts
Have you taken Craig Douglas's ECQC? My understanding (I have not taken it yet) is that it very hard on holsters.

I think what sets this video apart is the portion from Douglas's ECQC class.

I agree there are better options. But this might work for some.

I understand the sentiment in regards to reviewers.
I have not take that particular course. I have taken primarily LEO and military courses. And taught a few. I don't play to play. I used to let the state/government pay for my training.

Now I sit on a CNC machine in a semi retired/retarded fashion being a judgie bitch. Being glad I getting all holidays and weekends off. While the wife still deals with that shit. Its amazing how little stress I now have.

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
WHAT?! She wanted to test the safety and functionality of a kydex holster without using a live gun?!

Holy cheese and rice @lklawson can you believe it?

😁

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,012 Posts
Normally, I usually just dismiss the Flash Bang. But with Annette (don't know her personally) doing the video and the portion of the video from Douglas's ECQC, I thought it was something to thing about.
The type E has is like a sports bra its firm against her body. She can do normal and vigorous exercises with it. She did try something similar to this thing and it sucked. It works but its just not worth the time.

Its like boys buying crap holsters. I know I have a tote full of shit holsters from not buying the right ones

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
Honestly, I would think a body band holster tucked up higher near the girls world beat this thing by a mile...

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,210 Posts
I'm posting without having watched that particular video, but I have watched others about those holsters as well as read up on them and handled them at a store. I wouldn't even waste my money. Most importantly they don't seem secure enough for my activity level/lifestyle. Aside from that fact, they look uncomfortable and not truly that concealment. And it's going to create wear and tear on the bra. I ain't doing my $80 victorias secret bra like that! And you would need an expensive bra to support it.

Now otoh, I do have a sports bra that is very stout and designed for high impact activity that claps in front and then 2 broader panels zip together over that. I can put my baby browning in there between the 2 layers and it would be pretty secure, but I would maybe look like the 3 tit chick from total recall. Plus not easy to draw from quickly.
Idk, the chest carry just doesn't appeal to me. I've been straight up open carrying with 1 to 2 concealed backups for a couple years now. I quit caring who I pissed off I guess. Even open carried all day at work. And now I'm out in the sticks sorta near a tiny town where more people carry than not.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,012 Posts
Undertech makes some decent products. E has several sportsbra versions and tanktops.

I've used the mens shirts. Never lost my gun. Hell I used one in Texas the first time I met FlashBang

1 - 16 of 16 Posts