Flash hinder - you choose design.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Bushman98, Feb 16, 2008.

Which one do you prefer? (from left to right)

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Short one

100.0%
  2. Middle one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Long one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OK guys, its time to choose. Which one of these looks the best:

[​IMG]

Here they are side by side:

[​IMG]

Now here on the end of a 995:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are still all prototypes. Just trying to narrow down a final design to "mass produce". I will eventually settle down on one or two types depending on response. Also, all these have the same type teadrop cutout... next set will have a diffrent style one.

2. I'd go for the third... though I will say say I don't have a 995 yet so I probably won't be ordering one unless you can put it on a 4095 :(.

3. No problem making them for the 4095... only requires me to make the barrel hole bigger.... from .609 to .640... I think...I have the measuraments somewhere.

4. Rough guess on how much they'd cost?

5. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Member

NC
    definitely the third one-imho
    BTW- hi ya'll, new to hi points, not gunning-glad to be here! :D

6. Bandit320

Bandit320 Member

The first one looks great.

Mike

7. Could you or one of the mods repost this a poll?

8. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I like #3 for the simplicity, and length. #1 would be my second pick, since I love me some birdcage :D I like the look of the teardrop cutout.

9. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

Are they going to attach by set screw or will they be threaded?

10. I like a combination of #3 with the additional milling of #2. Normally I like the A2 birdcage but it doesn't look right.

11. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I like number 1 for sure.

12. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    I'm in for the shorty

13. Glockman, as of now they are held on with two #6 setscrews... same as the front sight.

As far as cost... not sure yet.... probably around 20 bucks depending on what design I settle on.

Tomorrow I will be testing both the modified front end (quad rail) and the flash hinder. I'm kind of concerned that since I used a straight cutter and the front wall of the hole is straight that I may get some flash or powder "bounced" back to my face. If this happens I will have to "ramp" the front edge to project the flash forward.

Also, I don't know it you can tell in the pictures but all cuts are 60 degrees apart. The small one has six cuts, the silver one has 4 cutouts missing the "bottom" ones, the long one has 5 cuts so one cut out is straight up. I know some people wanted some with no cuts on the bottom for prone position shooting.

14. What happened to this?

[​IMG]

Lets see that rail setup you got in the pics there too

15. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

1 and 3 are looking killer on the 995!

16. griff30

griff30 Member

I PM'd you sometime back on buying one. I'm interested in #2 in a big way. can you leave them silver?

17. Ari

Ari Guest

The first 1 is the best looking.. The long one looks way to much like a M1a.