Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums, not to firearms.
Have a few Mosins, SKSes, Kel-Teks, Taurus...and tomorrow I will add the HP.45. (Getting to sleep tonight is gonna suck.)

Looking forward to learning from alll the first hand experience here about the HPs.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The folks here are very friendly and will help you with any issues you have. Hope you enjoy your 45 as much as I've liked mine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi, what kind of Kel Tec do you have? I have to get somehing smaller than my C9 for CCW when I'm wearing very light clothes (shorts & tank top) and I'm trying to figure out which one to get.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
I've read all the usual bile posted by the gun snobs about HPs, (most of them never even shot one) but I did my research. They got very good reviews in several gun-magazine sights and the people that actually owned one were very pleased with them. After I took a look at one and handled it today, it was love at first feel.
Are they "ugly"? Hell yea, but that's part of the charm. If I were a bad guy with one staring me in the face, if that .45 caliber lead hole didn't scare the bajebez out of me, the fear of that bull-dog looking firearm jumping out of the user's hand and stomping a mud hole in me would do the trick.
The price, the quality, the feel, the warranty...how could you go wrong?
I'll go for value over brand name every time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, what kind of Kel Tec do you have? I have to get somehing smaller than my C9 for CCW when I'm wearing very light clothes (shorts & tank top) and I'm trying to figure out which one to get.
My wife has the P-11 and LOVES it. It's just a tad small for my hands, but with the mag extension it feels pretty good. Shoots nice too.
I have a Sub2K in S&W 9mm config. That puppy's a hoot to shoot. I'm seriously looking into an HP in .40 carbine next. Those things look SWEET!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
258 Posts
That Sub2K is nasty looking!!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

Go Here and read. A compilation of my own compiling.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome: Sedition

Congrats on the new JHP 45...........
there's lots to see, do and learn around here and plenty of folks to answear all your Hipoint questions.
There are a few things to remember about the hipoint Keep your mags fully loaded to help "relax" the spring a couple of weeks should do, in the mean time when your at the range load one less round in the mag this will help reduce any jamming issue.
My JHP 45 likes the Blazer Brass
The gun itself has a break in period as well of about 200 to 500 rounds
If you have questions ask away............hope you enjoy the new 45 as much as I do mine

But remember.................................

Hipoint the addiction for which there is NO cure :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back again...I'm like a bad penny.
Apparently, I have a doppelganger out there who has been a bad boy...I got a non approval when purchasing the .45. After sending in the appeal WITH my SSN (I KNEW they would find a way to get my SSN) today I received the approval letter, so Monday that black beauty is mine (unless they make me wait ANOTHER 3 days). I would think that waiting almost 2 months would be e-freaking-nuff.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Michigan !!! :welcome:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum from Iowa... enjoy!

Charlie(+25)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.