Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
When that situation happens you shouldn't go to the government for help. You go to family and close personal friends, if they can't help you turn to you church or community for help. If the government didn't take a third of my income to pay for social services I would have even more to give to charity to help out people in those exact situations. "We the People" is the solution to so many problems in this country. Every time something goes wrong we shouldn't turn to the government to fix it. The government is the problem not the solution.

· Registered
346 Posts
I dont know what planet you live on that churches provide health insurance. we didn't need a monetary handout, we needed healthcare to cover the thousands and thousands of dollars to cover prenatal care and the birth. do you know how much it costs to give birth in a hospital without insurance? do you know how much an ultrasound costs without insurance?
There are actually several hospitals run by religous organizations all over the country that help in this exact circumstance. They provided discounted rates and long term payment plans. Many also even forgive entire bills for those who can't afford them. Almost the exact situation my brother faced about a year and a half ago.

· Registered
346 Posts
That sir just strait stooooopid, close friends, family, churches, and community are not obligated in any way to help you out in the hard times, there has to be systems in place to ensure that people can survive. "we the people" are greedy as f*ck, and there are a shat load of us that wont give a dime to charity.
I think you would be really suprised at the amount of charitable contributions that are made in this country. In 2006 the most recent year I can find data for Americans gave almost $300 billion to non-profits. That amounted to about 2.2 percent of after tax income. I think that if Americans were taxed less they would give even more. Another thing left out of that number is the amount of time and labor volunteers "gave" to charities. The Founding Fathers wrote "We the People" not "We the Government".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.