Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
:welcome: from IL. Winchester White Box .380 auto, Remington works well. For home defense, I've heard good things about Hornady Critical Defense. Look into getting a Hogue Handall or a Butler Creek grip sleeve. The grip will be so much better.

·
Premium Member
36,176 Posts
Welcome to the group!
The HP company says to avoid Winchester White box, but most everyone has pretty good results with it.
I have used Blazer Aluminum in my CF.380 with no issues, but mine has seen a lot of use.
Almost any ammo will work, usually. Of course, in this ammo climate, most of us are shooting ANY .380 ammo we can find; but never shooting the last 8 rounds or so, as you may not find any more for a while! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
The CF.380 is a great "first" gun. Just remember to stretch the Magazine spring before you shoot it. Stretching the spring is done by loading as many bullets into the mag as you can, then letting it sit for a week. You may find ,as I did, that all seven bullets will not
go into the mag the first time you try. Don't worry. The spring will relax over time and you will be able to load all the rounds.
If you can't wait that long to shoot your new gun (who can?) just load 4 or 5 and test it out.
The only ammo I ever had trouble with was Blazer My pistol didn't like the recycled
aluminum cases. If you stick with brass you should have no problems.
As stated above Hornady Critical Defense.380 hollow points are great bullets for self defense. The large Hogue Handall grip sleeve is the only accesssory your going to need
besides the 10 round Hi Point Mag. GOOD SHOOTING!

·
Premium Member
36,176 Posts
I didn't like the large Hogue, I went to the Handall Jr. Feels much better to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts