for the prayerful folks

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, Feb 11, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

No disrespect here, please. A good friend was taken to the hospital with a blood clot/brain aneurism. Got a call from our Pastor last night with the news. It wasn't good. He was already on a ventilator keeping him alive.

This is a good man. He is/was our church's sound man, teen Sunday school teacher, youth leader, and cook. He was one of our Pastor's best friends. His right hand man, essentially an associate Pastor without officially being one.

he was also the first person I ever met who was also a Hi Point owner. He has the 380.

I have not received any updates yet, but it didn't sound good. I do believe in the power of prayer, so who knows, he may be fine now.

He is 35 years old. His parents are in their 70s and their health is failing. They already lost one son years ago.

Pray for him (Dan), the family, my Pastor and our church.

Again, please no ignorant, disrespectful comments. This isn't a debate thread in the religious section, this is a sincere request. Thanks

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

My prayers and thoughts with them bump

3. tomtull

tomtull Member

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Dude! We're not heartless. I wish them the best.

5. tallbump

Thanks Cic....I know you all aren't heartless...if I thought so, I wouldn't even be posting. Just really not in the mood to deal with any type of negativity right now, ya know?

Your well wishes are sincerely appreciated

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

"IF" we only knew?

Thank you Jesus!!!

7. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

Tall
    Praying for Dan and his family

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

My prayers and thoughts go out for strength and comfort to your friend and his family.

9. Hermitt

Can I hitch a ride on this train?

Got a call yesterday that one of my younger sisters is losing her battle with C. It has relapsed twice already and the drs say that this last bout , the radiation from chemo has done irreversible damage to her intestines. My family that lives in Calif are asking me to take off from work to come and see her before she starts to lose coherency. The drs told her 2 to 6 months, but my family believes she will be gone sooner. Thanking the Lord that this year I'm expecting a tax refund (hopefully within the next week) so that I have the means to do so. I hate when something like cancer puts you in a position where you literally can't do anything about it. :mad:

10. Bull

My prayers and sympathy for you Herm.....

11. tallbump

Definitely sending prayers your way Hermit

Brother Dan has gone home to the Lord. the way I understand it, he really died last night. urns out he is an organ donor so they kept him on machines for all the necessary testing. Almost the whole church family spent pretty much the whole day at the hospital today. He was officially pronounce dead at 3:45.

Interesting that he really was a man of God and truly wanted to see folks live on in eternity with God. Now, though organ donation, he is helping folks live on in this world too.

12. Bull

Give my condolences to your church and Dans family Bump.... He's not hurting now, and he's home...

13. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    My thoughts are with him. May our collective positive energy benefit him well.

14. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Prayers and condolences :( Hermitt if funds are an issue any time let us know, we can do a fund raiser to help you get there.

15. Hermitt

Thank you.

Funds shouldn't be an issue as I'm expecting a tax refund this year. (filed taxes last thursday) I'm also going to drive my wife's jeep (patriot) there as it's only 750 miles one way (about a 12 hour drive) and gas prices are lower now. My mom also lives in Santa Rosa and I'm going to stay with her while I'm there.

It just really sucks that cancer has to take so many people from us at such young ages. My sister is the 4th child of 5, (I am the oldest born in 1957) and she is still in her 40s. :(

16. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

My condolences Bump. Maybe those who get organs can find God. Sometimes the good ones go early. I wish I could say something and make it better.

Hermitt - prayers going up. I am glad you can get some time with her before she goes. Here's hoping that He says yes for more time.

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Prayers sent to Tall and Hermitt.

18. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Praying for both your loved onesmiracles are coming