For the shot gun.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ItBeMe, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Come to my house uninvited and you my get this.

Attached Files:

2. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

Interesting load. I'm betting those 4 conical bullets would keyhole like crazy though, but at shotgun ranges, the kind of damage tumbling bullets would do might be desirable. And of course those buckshot pellets. Why not use washers instead of coins though? Do you lose any velocity or stability by cutting out that much of the power piston?

Certainly not a round I'd volunteer to stand in front of. I'd love to see it in action though. Maybe on paper, or in gel.

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I would have to see one in action to make a judgement. I have shot the PDX1 in my .410 and it is a close encounter bada$$.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Why that instead of a standard off-the-shelf buck load? Those are well researched, well tested, have the backing of a major manufacturer with high quality control standards, repeatable performance metrics, and have a 200 year proven track record.

These home-rolled loads, on the other hand, can't have much performance data behind them (have they ever shot anything? Targets? Gell? Deer?), and potentially expose the user to the (somewhat inflated) liability of "home rolled uber deadly magic exploding ammunition" prosecution.

While the rounds certainly look intimidating, I'm not sure that it's really worth the trouble.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Being that long with the tips exposed do they even load reliably?
    Or is this 'the one' that you hand load in the chamber with regulars in the magazine?
    I'm personally really not in favor of this sort of home made (up) stuff.

6. uavdb

uavdb Member

Interesting....but I'll stick with my 00.

7. SWAGA

4 shells in the mag and 5 slugs on the stock........my setup on a semi auto 12 gauge.

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I like my HD sequence in the 12 ga. Slug, 00, slug, 00, slug, 00. If that doesn't work 15 rounds of of 357 Sig 125 gr XTP HP Buffalo Bore is my backup. Then there are 9 rounds of 230 FMJ in the JHP as my tertiary gun.

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Looks like a good way to over pressure the receiver and blow it up in your face... shotgun ammo is carefully designed to control chamber pressure

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Did you ever post a pic of the Remington after you shortened the barrel to a legal 18.5 inches?

11. SWAGA

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1420080093.365514.jpg

Bad pic but the only one I have on my phone.

Looks like the bottom one but without the stock cut ;)

[​IMG]

12. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I know that load doesn't have a lot to it. I have cut open factory buckshot. The powder in a factory buckshot comes up right below the top quarter in his load. I am not saying I want to be shot by it. But it does not have the energy of a magnum load of buckshot.

13. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Don't get panty's in a wad boys it is just a picture I found on the net. The boys on the Ruger site were wetting themselves. Boy you post a picture and the Obama voters go nuts. LMAO

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Are you saying that you were trolling us?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

15. SWAGA

No he called us a bunch of Obama voters with our panties in a wad.....

* SHUDDER *

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Nothing new for you, eh?

17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

As a reloader seeing crap like that makes me think one thing. Darwin Award winner coming up after they blow the gun up in their face.

18. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

I've seen way more scetchy stuff thrown out of shotguns no problem including knife blades, about the only thing that would make this a dangerous round would be shooting it with a full choke or something...no choke and it'd be good to go.

Not saying it'd be a good round, but wouldn't be any harder on the gun than shooting slugs.

19. uavdb

uavdb Member

I don't get the impression there are many of them around here.

20. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Because the OP is now indicating that he didn't intend for this to be a serious thread and that the harvested the pic from a 3rd party, I'm considering moving this thread to the Comedy forum.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk