for those that have ever ship your HP back

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by oldnoob, Feb 15, 2008.

1. for any reason, fix, check up...etc. can you guys post detail of how the transation work? ex: go to usps/ups/fedex, pay for shipping, does need special box? how much you pay for shipping, onway/twoway? how long it take, when return does go through ffl dealer? does ffl dealer charge you for receiving? if so how much...etc.

over all, i just want to hear your story of HP service beyone the "they are friendly", "it come out good as new"...etc.

2. Here you go:

http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1828

No ffl is involved: shipping a firearm directly to or from a manufacturer FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES ONLY is legal.

Pistols cannot be shipped via USPS; you must use FedEx/UPS, etc. Long arms can be shipped USPS, but as you have to declare firearms, it's probably easier to not have to deal with the hassle of mentioning guns to government functionaries. You pay shipping to them, and they will pay for the return. Depending on what's wrong, it may take from less than two weeks to as much as four.

Call HP as per the link above for more details.

3. unclerob

unclerob Member

What are you planning on sending back?
    There are 3 places that Hi-Points go depending on which gun you are sending.

I have sent things back to Beemiller & Haskell.
    Just call them and they will tell you exactly how to do it.
    Piece o' cake.

4. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

box up gun with note.
    take to UPS office.
    Tell them its gun parts. (which technically it is)
    Fork over cash.
    Walk out.

Simple as that.

I have caught flak for shipping guns, but they never look twice when i tell them its gun parts.

SW

5. Contact Hi Point and they will tell you the easiest way to send a weapon to them for repairs. They know how to keep the costs and hassle down.

6. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

They'll pretty much say where to ship it to, how to pack it, what to write on the outer box and what to say to the clerk.

Packing: Place the gun in the original box it came with of you have it, then place that in another box. Don't write Hi-Point Firearms on the package, they'll tell you to write BeeMiller Inc. as the destination. If the clerk asks what's in the package, it's "machine parts".

7. unscarred

unscarred Member

You can ship USPS. It's against USPS policy, but is NOT illegal. Just take the slide off and if asked say it is machined parts,(which is true) and make sure that you don't put the words "gun, firearm" on the package.

8. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure it is illegal to use USPS unless you have an FFL. The frame is considered the actual gun, but other parts suchs as the slide, barrel are okay without an FFL. I've called BATF on this and this was what they told me.

9. ab4ka

ab4ka Guest

1inthechamber is correct...only an FFL can ship a handgun by USPS.

10. earp

earp Guest

Is it possible to drop it off at one of there repair places? I only live about 45 minutes form the lima one. Just curious.

11. When I was shipping my C9 back for a repair and upgrade, I was instructed to write on the box Machined parts. Never had a problem shipping it back as I was sending it to the manufacturer.

12. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

Depending on which model gun you need serviced, I would call them on that.

13. invictus82

invictus82 Guest

I just got my C9 back after shipping it to Beemiller for maintenance. It was pretty smooth, but took a while. They had it about 2 weeks or so. When it came back it was, I'm almost certain, not the same pistol. What I mean is that they sent me back a new gun. It was packaged in the plastic wrap, no wear on the slid/frame/anything. I sent my 3 magazines in to be checked out as well (8rd factory). They were a little banged up from normal use. Hi point sent me back 4 new factory 8 rd mags, stating that the 4th was for my trouble. So, I'm pretty pleased with the service. I am curious though, has anyone else had their worn in guns replaced with new pieces after being sent in for repair. I don't mind a bit, but I was a little fond of mine--I had polished the barrel to a mirror shine, as well as the feed ramp. Nice to have a new gun, but now It'll be back to the breaking in process.

14. unscarred

unscarred Member

16. unscarred

unscarred Member

What about to a manufacturer licensee for warranty repair?

17. Any serialized part that is considered to be a handgun by BATF must be shipped overnight via UPS or FedEx if you are sending it to the manufacturer for warranty work.

Does not matter if its in parts or as a whole gun, the Feds consider the serialized part a firearm.

18. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Member

As far as I know, when shipping via USPS, when they say "firearm(s)", they mean long guns only. This is a touchy subject. In any forum, you'll get 10 different replies on which way is right. Best bet is to do exactly what Hi-Point tells you.

20. unscarred

unscarred Member