For Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, Feb 12, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

I asked my Sweetie Patootie what She desired for Valentine's and she replied "Nothing!"

["It's a trap!", says the Admiral!]

Soooo...

I bought some earrings, a bottle of perfume, a box o' Chawclates, a card with a poem I copied off of a Romance novel, and on Saturday Morning, I'll buy some flowers and take her out Saturday nite to watch a 'chick flick'.

One CAN teach an old dawg new tricks!

eldar

3. I paid $20 and won a $140 gift basket in a raffle.
    So that's going on for us.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Still a trap...... There is an obscure clue hidden in something she's said or done in the last six years, that you were SUPPOSED to have caught on to, yet were blissfully ignorant of.... And that my brother, is amore....
    Good luck, and my sincere prayers I'm mistaken!

5. slade601

slade601 Member

I've learned I can't surprise her with a thoughtful gift. So now it's ask her what she wants and get it. Maybe add some chocolate strawberries to sweeten the deal.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    We don't celebrate what we call "Hallmark Holidays". That being said, I might let her order take-out.

7. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i expect to buy her the wrong thing, take her out to a meal that her pregnant self will just throw up after she eats it, and i'll be on here talking to you guys while she cuddles that stupid c shaped pillow she uses to support her belly.

8. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Unfortunately, I only started dating 'my girl' last November, so we are still in the 'exploratory' stage of our relationship...

Thanks for the happy thoughts!

Way to go Flyboy!

Looking good, tallbump!

cicpup... *shaking my head sadly...*

slade061, that's allowing Your gal to think she can read Your mind.

Isi1 ~ Never had children, soooo ... I think that you are going to be very lucky in the near future!

eldar

9. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

This year will be our 39th anniversary. If I were to surprise her by buying something nice or sweet, it would only make her suspicious that I'm up to something bad.

10. Just get her a cucumber and a t-shirt...:p

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

All the kids are going to the babysitter's, she's getting scratch-made chicken and garlic alfredo, and she's going to become very familiar with several horizontal surfaces around the house.

12. Kiddos are going to their grandparents. We are going to a new Orleans style dinner in pittsburgh.... then.....
    MONSTER JAM. I kid you not ;-)

13. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Last 6 years my a$$, try your entire life of your knowing each other. My wife has never forgiven me for letting her shoot the 375 H&H, even though I I did not recommend it. Had to sell that rifle after that.

14. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Buy her a gift, then buy yourself a new gun

15. uavdb

uavdb Member

I'm lucky. For Valentines Day my wife just wants to go RV camping to a local county park to catch up on some tv watching (DVD's) and have a couple of Bloody Mary's with breakfast and sew her quilt tops.....so let it be written, so let it be done....
    That, my friends, is what I call the Easy Button!

16. rickm

rickm Member

We never buy each other anything save the money for the local gunshow 2 weeks away, she likes to window shop and fondle what guns she thinks looks cute and if i find a good deal on something then i will let her buy it but i have to pay, lol

17. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Actually, we just got each other a new $800 sno-thrower, cuz our old one broke and is falling apart. Now, of course, since we did that, it won't snow here for the rest of the season..... :p

18. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I know what you mean, my wife had me get 4 50 lb bags of ice melt for the drive early in the fall and we have not had any ice or snow, now if I was low or didn't have any we would of gotten a couple inches of ice.

19. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

We have date night every other Friday. Nana takes the 3 year old overnight. So last Friday I gave her a card (SUPER NICE envelope) and wrote that she was getting lunch delivered to work every day this week.

Today was the 4th day in a row. She has been posting on Facebook that I am the best husband EVER, and that this was the best gift ever, so I'm pretty sure I did the right thing.

Plus I took her car to the car wash and soaped & rinsed for five minutes. She'd rather have me do something for her than get flowers. I plant those in the yard and she goes crazy.

Thought she was going to kill me with how much she's attacked me all week. Doesn't get much better than this.

20. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

We'll be spending the day preparing for a funeral. Tonight was supposed to be the Valentine's banquet, but the man who passed is the one who always puts it on. We'll be doing it in a few weeks, in his honor. Today and tomorrow will be spent getting the church ready, meals prepared, memorials made, etc...