Forgive me for I have sinned ( again )

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Sep 3, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I confess I've just bought ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt......:(

480 rounds of 'B grade' .303 British surplus ammo.
    Including shipping that is 25.3 cents/round.
    A little better then 75c/round for PPU or >>$1/round for anything else.
    Standby for range reports ;)

2. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Man has to do as his wallet tells him he has to do! :D:D

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have been tempted to buy Tula 223 hp ammo from ctd. But after shipping and taxes (they are in Texas so I have to pay) it is only 2 cents a round cheaper, so I don't buy from them. By the way lizards are conductive. AC quit an hour ago and I found a lizard turned into carbon between the cap terminals. Remove the remains and it looks like the AC is working again.

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I bought 1000 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 from them for $215, last year. A good deal is a good deal, regardless of where it comes from.

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Your so going the hell. You now have to go to a Republican rally and cheer.:p

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

So are squirrels, possums, coons, crows, sparrows, snakes, and owls....... I can personally attest to all of them being so...

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Meh, you will be abused no more and no less than USMC_Vet for his love of CTD. Well maybe a bit more, just because it's you....

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Cap is blow and fan stopped so I need to go get one in the morning. They are only a couple bucks. Disconnected power so nothing else frys.

9. Kiln

Kiln Member

Their BS is still too fresh in my mind. I remember the $90 AR mags, the $70 boxes of 9mm, the $400 boxes of .22lr, and more recently the green tip .556 that doubled in price overnight when thr ATF talked about banning it.

Basically if you want to buy off of scumbags that'd bend you over a barrel as soon as they'd look at ya then go right ahead. My cash will go toward companies that actually support gun owners vs those that will cancel orders, jack up prices, and almost assuredly screw us when it gets closer to the election and then the midterms soon after.

10. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Been busy with my other Hobby spending money on my street /strip car . Haven't bought ammo , any related parts or even fired any of my firearms in over a year

11. Think1st

Florida
    Republicant rally, huh? You might as well tell him to go cheer a Dumacrat rally. If anyone wants to atone, a good, quiet reading and reflection upon the Constitution and The Federalist Papers is a good way to atone.

After that, light candles before images of our Founding Fathers, and say a prayer in their memory--while kneeling on uncooked rice.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    If you get a really expensive item, LMK
    I might be able to help. Need a 2HP VFD? ;)

13. SWAGA

Weren't you buying/building long range rifles in the last year?

Anyway, 480 rounds will last me at least a year. Greek surplus with decent accuracy according to the reviews. Allegedly better then the Pakistani stuff.
    If found another website selling surplus including tracers but couldn't find them anymore.
    So yes.....CTD got my money once....

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  14. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Thought you were buying/building some high dollar long range rifles????

15. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Yes I was interested in buiding/buying a long range bolt rifle but I want to put money into my street/strip car I've got . Kinda lost interest in the gun hobby and right now really enjoying building my car

16. I would expect that from anyone that is willing to turn guns in if the law changes.

But hey, you weren't burned by them right? so why should you stick up for what good business practice?

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

having him go to a Rep rally would be his own special kind of hell:D

18. Think1st

Florida
    That's right. He can go listen to Jeb, et al, talk about how illegal immigration is an act of love.

19. SWAGA

No reason to get mean about it LC.
    It's $0.25/round vs $1/round and yes, not everybody got burned. The hoarders did.
    I'll bet you buy 'made in China' too.