Forgive me.....I bought a Glock

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MXGreg, Oct 10, 2015.

1. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I had been looking at the Glock 30 and 36 for a while as a .45 carry gun. Saw today that Gander Mountain had the 36 on sale so I took a drive down to check them out. Handled both the 30 and 36 to get a feel for the difference. The 36 seemed alright, but at $558+tax I just couldn't pull the trigger (so to speak). Scheel's is only a few miles away so I spun over to check them out. They had the 36 for $599, but over in the "previously owned" case was a slightly used 36 with an extra mag on sale for $449. It followed me home.

Already took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it. It shot good with zero problems. It's different than what I'm used to, so it'll take me a couple more range trips to feel comfortable with it. I hate to say it, but so far I'm happy with it. :blush:

[​IMG]

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    It's OK, Greggy...
    I own one also, so as not to be a gun snob. :D
    I'll even have a Kimber, someday, if I find the right deal ;)

3. undeRGRound

INDY
    PS: You paid too much :rofl:

4. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I almost posted something about that real ugly one in the middle, but I resisted....... :rofl:

5. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

Enlighten me.

6. Kiln

Kiln Member

I don't see a problem, 95% of the guys here have $500+ guns along with their Hi Points and similar cheapies. I'm not a major Glock fan but there are lots of happy Glock owners out there.

7. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

A thing of beauty it's not. But it's thin and light.

8. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

If glock would quit using a 2x4 to model their grips...

9. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

So, your trying to pull the "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission" routine?

That's NOT going work here on THIS forum with a glock!
    NOPE, you take it back 1st thing in the morning. Right after church you you heathen!!!

10. lsi1

lsi1 Member

he's saying you didn't get the best deal. its a reasonably ok deal because the 45 glocks generally are $50 higher than their other calibers. its not an extra mag its just the other one it came with. gen 1-3 came with 2 gen 4 comes with 3.

11. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Nothing wrong with Glock...I own those too! Good deal on the G36 OP. ;)

12. lsi1

lsi1 Member

the 36 is glocks first single stack.

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    ^^^This^^^
    Sounds a little high, but then again I bought from family... :eek:

The LGS already enlightened your wallet :D

Was that OTD? That's much better... ;)

14. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

Had to add tax, forgot that in the original post. This was the lowest price I've seen though. Bud's has them online for $545 but the transfer costs extra. Had been watching Armslist but if they showed up there they were the price of new. It met my <$500 threshold, so I'm happy.

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Don't feel bad lol
    I'd still consider the 41,42 and 43 ;)

16. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I am oh so sorry. I'll just put it in the collection plate at church. Will that be good enough?

17. magnum55

magnum55 Member

Since Hi Point won't make a 10mm the Glock 20 is still on my wish list.

18. Iraq veteran did do a review of a modified 10mm Hi Point. Since HP tends to like hot ammo it seemed like the gun performed well. The cost of a 10mm reamer might be a tad high though.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UToeNXDL9WY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UToeNXDL9WY[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  19. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

$75.00 at Brownells. If you know how to properly ream a chamber you're all set. :)

Attached Files:

20. magnum55

magnum55 Member

That is amazing Walkingwolf! I had never seen this video. Since it can be done, I wonder why Hi Point doesn't give it some thought? Something like that would sell so fast that dealers couldn't keep them on their shelves.