Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get tired of reading articles & posts that say that the Hi Points are ugly! Although beauty is subjective, there are a few points I'd like to mention. Take a look at any of the current Hi point handguns. The C9 & the .380 with 10 round mags or the .40 & .45 stock. Now compare them to a Glock.

The Hi Points are almost perfectly proportioned grip to slide in all dimensions. The Grip is not too large nor is the slide. Now look at a Glock. The slides look smashed in comparison thus making the handgrip area appear too large.

Now look at a S&W Sigma... Oversized grips and levers spoiling the lines.

The Hi Points are like the modern VW Bug: All clean. The Savety & Mag release buttons are the right size and blend nicely into the rest of the pieces lines, neither getting lost nor detracting from them.

Plus there aren't a bunch of "legacy" flourishes like the back of a 1911. Sorry but while the 1911 can be a pretty piece with all of the grip and finish options, the back end looks more like it owes its design to a revolver than a modern semi-auto.

Anyway, just wanted to let the Hi Pont folks know that their designs are appreciated out here.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Well said!

I like the look of my 4 Hi Points. They are well designed and are anything but ugly. The carbines with the original stock are quite unique in the firearms world. The curvy organic look is refreshing in a world cluttered with hollow thumbhole laminated stocks. The handguns look like "real" guns, not like designer guns. They shoot straight and absorb recoil like a sponge. And then there is VALUE.......! Indeed form does follow function.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like the look of Hi-points it is what cought my eye when I was looking in the desplay case. The price was second.The factory stock makes the carbine stand out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.