Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd let all you know that I absolutely HATED the look of the 995 carbines, always will hate that style, also didn't really care for the ATI aftermarket stock, and for that reason swore I'd never buy a HP 995 despite the affordable price :mad: ........

Then HP came out with the 995TS stock :blink: ......

I am now a proud owner of a HP 995TS :D

I expect there will be more than a few guys like me who never would have conceived of wanting a HP 995 that will fall for the TS stock.

For the record, I am also a Kel-Tec S2K owner with the GLOCK 17 mags, so I have ample opportunity for side by side comparison. One thing I've noticed right off the bat is that the HP shot perfectly right out of the box (40 rounds of break-in @ 10 x 1 then 10 x 3), while the Kel-Tec had the habit of crimping the ejected brass.

That being said, I expect I'll also fall into the camp of wishing HP made a higher cap mag for the 995. I really like the ability of the Kel-Tec to use 17 round and 33 round GLOCK mags. All in all though, it's not that big of a deal since the HP 10 rounder is comparatively easy to load by hand, e.g without the need of a mag loader. I did order 1 ProMag 10 rounder and one 15 rounder for the HP, so we'll see how those work.

I'll have more opinions and ideas to share later on. Right now I'm glad I finally took the plunge into HP!

Dave

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I'm not sure about the Pro-Mags. I read on the other thread that the Pro Mags will not fit into the TS magwell, but I got mine to lock after a good hard shove. Then once you press the mag release button you really have to yank on them to get them out - the 15 rounder is easier to get a grip on to yank it out, while the 10 rounder you really need strong fingertips to pull it from the magwell. I'm debating whether to even try them out for feed and function, or to forget about them and just order more factory 10 rounders. I don't want something to go wrong with my new toy, which so far hasn't had a single hiccup during the break-in period (something that couldn't be said for my Kel-Tec!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.