Forum gun buy gone sour...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ajole, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Man, this is going great.:)

Anyone want to donate to a cause to help get a brother his money back after some guy on this forum took it, and then didn't deliver the gun he was selling?:cool:

2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Are you kidding? That guy with the Mossberg 715T?

That's low... how did you send the money?

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Like a trusting fool...Paypal gift.:rolleyes:

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Total BS is that meathead banned?

5. Visper

Wow... sorry man. Guess there is no way to get Paypal to reimburse you because it was "gifted".

You could totally rat him out to Paypal and say that's how he said to send it even though it was for "merchandise" to save him on taxes. Play dumb!

Better than doing nothing...

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah..but the merchandise was a "gun"...:p

I just can't figure out what kinda guy does this over $165. The email is an ebay account, with a name on it, so it isn't like he was hiding...

I really wonder if he just got run over by a train, kicked out of the house by the wife, or something really odd like that.:confused:

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

That sucks Al...

Doing great here. I am not sure on an exact total. I am at work but the wife told me $20 more came in today. I know there is more than enough to cover the Rascal and I think there is about $25sih towards the MP.

I promise I'll get a better total ASAP

8. Visper

Fixed that for you!! Hell they don't know what it was for, its not like you received it, so you can make up anything you want!!!

But hopefully its not the train/kicked out/odd stuff thing that happened...

Edit: Oh and by the way Ajole, if you needed it I would be more than happy to!!!:) (key word, need, lol)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Eek..... That blows!......... Do we need to organize a manhunt?

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Tallbump, its awesome that we have been able to get things moving for you, and your daughter, I'm totally happy about that, and about how the guys here have ABSOLUTELY stepped up to do it.:)

Can't let one bad apple spoil it all, and it isn't like that one deal hurts me, I mean, I got a cool gun that's been on my list for a while last Sunday, so why should I complain.;)

Don't want him banned, I want to see if we can figure out what went wrong and fix it if possible, for both of us.

I had a deal a few years back, some guy that was REALLY well known on this and other forums sold me two fixer-upper milsurps, and then just vanished off ALL forums. I had talked to him on the phone, bought from him before...turned out he almost died of cancer (reportedly), and eventually, he came around again, and made things right.

Then opened a business doing gun restoration, coatings, assembly and custom builds, declared bankruptcy, screwed a LOT of people out of their money, and some guns as well.:cool:

Hope this isn't that.:rolleyes:

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Any chance he may have fallen ill or otherwise incapable of closing the deal?

12. Wouldn't he now illegally be holding onto your firearm?

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

• If he did indeed receive it, even Paypal is not without its faults.
    • The money was a 'gift', no bill of sale ever signed
    • If he did receive the funds, legally the sale is "pending"

The member in question was a member in good standing who has not posted since. That has me leaning towards and accident/incident/illness.

* as moderators we have been made aware and are monitoring the situation *

A witch hunt at this stage is uncalled for and any suggestions to that effect will be deleted.
    Now that doesn't mean that we cannot be sympathetic towards Ajole's issue.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I keep hoping, but it's been 4 weeks almost.:(

Not legally, probably, though we did do some written "agreements" informally in PMs and such...but technically, yeah.

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Wasn't this a really big thing on another forum or three? I seem to remember multi threads about it, warnings by name, and the person in question popping up repeatedly defending himself. Or is that something else?

As for your current situation? I'm leaning towards "something went wrong".

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    As am I.

It's not like my kids can't eat or my car is being repo'ed, I just hope he's ok, and that we can sort this out. I sent a few PMs trying to let him know I'm not out to crucify anyone, things happen, I'm not even mad, just disappointed.

Hopefully, it will get sorted.

17. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I myself sometimes consider some of you as close friends or even family. We communicate more with each other than some of our families. But I personally have had deals gone wrong with my closest friends & family, more so than a complete stranger. Maybe this should be a warning for all of us to take safe guards against such an incident from repeating itself? There is NO substitution for doing things the right way!

18. Visper

Ajole,

Your a good guy, I am hoping that this is the case... and he will eventually sort this out.

All I was saying was paypal is pretty good with refunding money. Not sure how this gift thing would have played out though...

No matter how much it is, you are out some cash.

Now saying that, real life stuff trumps any forum friends/acquaintances so here is to hoping all is good or will be.

Anyway however this goes I hope it turns out all in the end.

19. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Everything turns out alright in the END!
    IF it is NOT alright, IT must NOT be the END!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anonymous

20. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Risky my friend. PayPal does not allow transactions of any kind for any firearm or certain parts and ammunition. Hope they don't find out.