Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light Solar power Solar panel Plant Solar energy
I've found a year round use for my deer hunting cart. Right now the setup is 60 watts solar (12 volts in parallel), cheap pwm controller, jumper cables with shut off switch, 12 volt cigarette socket, and 400 watt pure sine wave inverter (12v DC to 110v AC). The battery is 125 Amp hour flooded deep cycle battery.

If we have a prolonged power outage now we have the camper solar charged deep cycle battery, this portable unit, and a gas generator. We have options and can get by for few days anyway.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out how you get deer to pull a cart?

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Reactions: ichthyo

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
I was looking at one of these, like the compact all in one things.

https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-C...=eco-worthy&qid=1596380688&sr=8-16&th=1&psc=1

Those goal zeros look even more compact though!! Very nice, food for thought.
I saw a couple at Bass Pro. SWMBO wouldn't let me buy it there. She wants to look for a cheaper online option. With the solar panels, those things will really do a good job for charging computers, phones, and other small rechargables, which is about all you need during an extended power outage. Having no A/C in the summer would suck, but I think we could adapt to that. I've been in hellishly hot places with no A/C, before. You get used to it.

For heating food and boiling water, I have other options that require no electricity.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
For heating food and boiling water, I have other options that require no electricity.
Why not have a small cooking device that charges your phone?

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Why not have a small cooking device that charges your phone?
I've seen those, too. The only drawback to those is that you'd have to sit out there feeding sticks to it to charge the device after the food was done. I don't know exactly how long they take to charge a phone, but I'm guessing it would exceed water boiling time.

With that being said, one of those little charger stoves would be a could supplemental charging mechanism to have with the solar generator.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
I've seen those, too. The only drawback to those is that you'd have to sit out there feeding sticks to it to charge the device after the food was done. I don't know exactly how long they take to charge a phone, but I'm guessing it would exceed water boiling time.

With that being said, one of those little charger stoves would be a could supplemental charging mechanism to have with the solar generator.
Solar is going to be useless in Central Florida this winter. 3-4ft drifts of "dry" snow coming. No sun, they are giving us a "dark winter" and are going to feed us a BS story on why it happened :stir:

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Solar is going to be useless in Central Florida this winter. 3-4ft drifts of "dry" snow coming. No sun, they are giving us a "dark winter" and are going to feed us a BS story on why it happened :stir:
Is this because of the chem trail spraying?

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
What else would cause it? Sunshade on the international space station!
I haven't seen enough to indicate that chem trails are anything other than contrails, but I did read an interesting theory about why someone would spray chem trails in the Guns America Digest. The author said that the earth is actually cooling, and the chem trails were being sprayed to attenuate the onset of a new ice age. The entire global warming nonsense was propagated to prevent a panic over a new ice age, as a distraction measure.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
I haven't seen enough to indicate that chem trails are anything other than contrails, but I did read an interesting theory about why someone would spray chem trails in the Guns America Digest. The author said that the earth is actually cooling, and the chem trails were being sprayed to attenuate the onset of a new ice age. The entire global warming nonsense was propagated to prevent a panic over a new ice age, as a distraction measure.
How about John Brennan talking to congress about the monetary costs?

I have had conversation with a recently retired army SP's Chinook pilot. He agrees it's happening. I've started taking pics. The stuff that I got a few weeks ago I was out in the country on a hill. Contrails are very high. This stuff was down low. Whatever they had put out it dissipated the nice white puffy clouds.

The Chinese used it to stave off the rainy weather for the opening of the Bejing Olympics. That info is easy to find.

We are allegedly in a "solar minimum" . This is 5-6 years in my area of no 100* weather. Last summer was pretty mild. This year too. ?That sure doesn't explain the 134-136* record in Death Valley this year. We did have a mild winter.

I was joking about the snow drifts in Florida. https://www.history.com/news/what-was-the-year-without-a-summer. Sulfur dioxide, into the atmosphere from a volcano.
That sure would kill the grid if we counting on solar panels.

When I was a kid early morning TV there was a show once or twice talking about weather modification. Kennedy talked about weaponizing it. Reagan seeded the clouds South of Cuba to destroy their sugar cane crop. It backfired and dumped most of it on Florida and destroyed my paycheck for a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
How about John Brennan talking to congress about the monetary costs?

I have had conversation with a recently retired army SP's Chinook pilot. He agrees it's happening. I've started taking pics. The stuff that I got a few weeks ago I was out in the country on a hill. Contrails are very high. This stuff was down low. Whatever they had put out it dissipated the nice white puffy clouds.

The Chinese used it to stave off the rainy weather for the opening of the Bejing Olympics. That info is easy to find.

We are allegedly in a "solar minimum" . This is 5-6 years in my area of no 100* weather. Last summer was pretty mild. This year too. ?That sure doesn't explain the 134-136* record in Death Valley this year. We did have a mild winter.

I was joking about the snow drifts in Florida. https://www.history.com/news/what-was-the-year-without-a-summer. Sulfur dioxide, into the atmosphere from a volcano.
That sure would kill the grid if we counting on solar panels.

When I was a kid early morning TV there was a show once or twice talking about weather modification. Kennedy talked about weaponizing it. Reagan seeded the clouds South of Cuba to destroy their sugar cane crop. It backfired and dumped most of it on Florida and destroyed my paycheck for a couple of weeks.
We haven't had a mild summer, here. It's been a lot of days in the 90s, with near 100% humidity. If we don't have a cold winter, however, I'll be happy. I can't deal with too much sub-50-degree weather.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
We haven't had a mild summer, here. It's been a lot of days in the 90s, with near 100% humidity. If we don't have a cold winter, however, I'll be happy. I can't deal with too much sub-50-degree weather.
Uh hello? You live in Florida. Zackly what part we don't know. My first winter back in 72-73 we had flurries in Ft.Myers. When I was living in Oklahoma in '77 Ft.Myers Beach had snow on the ground! I missed it by a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Uh hello? You live in Florida. Zackly what part we don't know. My first winter back in 72-73 we had flurries in Ft.Myers. When I was living in Oklahoma in '77 Ft.Myers Beach had snow on the ground! I missed it by a few weeks.
I'm north of Ft. Meyers on the Gulf side. I can't imagine snow flurries here. I do, however, remember sub-zero temperatures in Jacksonville, one winter. I left the place in jeans and a t-shirt before the sun was up, and I got a rude awakening when I stopped for gas in Jacksonville. That was a quick trip back into my truck for a hoody and gloves.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
We have had a very mild summer up here in Oregon. Maybe two days of 100+ degrees, and a couple weeks worth of 90+ degrees but otherwise, mid 80s or less for the most part.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
I'm north of Ft. Meyers on the Gulf side. I can't imagine snow flurries here. I do, however, remember sub-zero temperatures in Jacksonville, one winter. I left the place in jeans and a t-shirt before the sun was up, and I got a rude awakening when I stopped for gas in Jacksonville. That was a quick trip back into my truck for a hoody and gloves.
So pertnear @SWAGA and @Rabidwookie sounds like a pool party with lots of nekkid wimmins to me. I've shot several times up at Cecil M Webb.

Reactions: Rabidwookie
1 - 20 of 29 Posts