Found a new use for my deer cart

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by ichthyo, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

20200801_165553.jpg I've found a year round use for my deer hunting cart. Right now the setup is 60 watts solar (12 volts in parallel), cheap pwm controller, jumper cables with shut off switch, 12 volt cigarette socket, and 400 watt pure sine wave inverter (12v DC to 110v AC). The battery is 125 Amp hour flooded deep cycle battery.

If we have a prolonged power outage now we have the camper solar charged deep cycle battery, this portable unit, and a gas generator. We have options and can get by for few days anyway.

SDProf, CowboyBob, Visper and 2 others like this.
  2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm just trying to figure out how you get deer to pull a cart?

SDProf, ichthyo and Rerun like this.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I've been eyeballing those Goal Zero Yeti solar generators. That's a good idea to have one of those.

ichthyo and Visper like this.
  4. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

Wrote a letter to Santa.

Dubar likes this.
  5. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

ichthyo likes this.
  6. Think1st

Florida
    I saw a couple at Bass Pro. SWMBO wouldn't let me buy it there. She wants to look for a cheaper online option. With the solar panels, those things will really do a good job for charging computers, phones, and other small rechargables, which is about all you need during an extended power outage. Having no A/C in the summer would suck, but I think we could adapt to that. I've been in hellishly hot places with no A/C, before. You get used to it.

For heating food and boiling water, I have other options that require no electricity.

ichthyo likes this.
  7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Why not have a small cooking device that charges your phone?

Think1st likes this.
  8. Think1st

Florida
    I've seen those, too. The only drawback to those is that you'd have to sit out there feeding sticks to it to charge the device after the food was done. I don't know exactly how long they take to charge a phone, but I'm guessing it would exceed water boiling time.

With that being said, one of those little charger stoves would be a could supplemental charging mechanism to have with the solar generator.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.