Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found an inexpensive aluminum rail for Hi-Point pistols on fleabay.

I've ordered two of them and will report back once I get 'em.

"Squad Drop Hi-Point pistol Aluminum Picatinny Rail. Fits into rear sight block of Hi point pistols with removal of two original manufacturer's screws. Fits right into place secure with original bolts".
link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Squad-Drop...264656?hash=item1aab30ff10:g:vYUAAOSwGgdfpHic
upload_2020-12-8_12-14-22.png

This looks like an abbreviated version of the "Hi Point Pistol Top Picatinny rail" offered by JSArmsco for $60.99; JSA's rail is longer at both ends. As much as I admired the JSArms rail, I couldn't justify spending that much coin on one.
upload_2020-12-8_12-15-26.png

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Cool. There's a 3d Printed plastic one for $15, so this one looks like a GREAT deal, thankx for the info!

·
Banned
453 Posts
well those sure sold fast HaHa. I went to purchase and...poof....all gone.

You see what you did Adam...you see! This is just like the old forum. Start talking about sedcos and they all go away!!!

New rule....From now on we only talk about Clerke revolvers!

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New rule....From now on we only talk about Clerke revolvers!
They are selling for stupid prices on Gunbroker. Saw an auction for 3 Clerkes and an old H&R, it was up to $250 with three more days to go. Insane.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rails arrived the other day, the fit is great.
One thing I noticed is the front mounting hole on Hi-Point's slide is higher than the rear. In order to prevent the rail from canting upwards, you'll need a small spacer or to reuse the spring from beneath the factory sight. When I reused the spring, the rear of the rail isn't as tight as I'd like it to be, but it'll do for now.
I like how the rail design allows you to look through, kinda like the factory ghost ring.
upload_2020-12-15_9-22-27.png

·
Banned
453 Posts
One thing I noticed is the front mounting hole on Hi-Point's slide is higher than the rear. In order to prevent the rail from canting upwards, you'll need a small spacer or to reuse the spring from beneath the factory sight. When I reused the spring, the rear of the rail isn't as tight as I'd like it to be, but it'll do for now.
I like how the rail design allows you to look through, kinda like the factory ghost ring.
View attachment 69551
Hey Adam its a hi-point. cheap spare slide and JB weld and you have a rock solid optic. I think it looks great. Quality is cleaner than I thought it would be. I hope he makes some more. I want to try one of these new optics everyone is going nuts over.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the workmanship is top shelf.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shhh!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
View attachment 69551
Good tip, Thx!

I traded email with the seller on ebay about the rail sitting flat (or not.) He said it will sit flat without using any shims or springs... just reuse the two OEM screws and you're done (plus Loctight.)

So this sound really different than your experience. ???

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good tip, Thx!

I traded email with the seller on ebay about the rail sitting flat (or not.) He said it will sit flat without using any shims or springs... just reuse the two OEM screws and you're done (plus Loctight.)

So this sound really different than your experience. ???
Yup, different experience, and I think @ajole had the same experience as I did.
There may be differences in Hi-Point's slide castings though.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Yeah...it rocked sideways and front to rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts