Found myself an older P220

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by JoeDoe22, May 8, 2008.

1. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22 Member

Its got a few beauty marks but I will still carry it after I get a chance to hit the range :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Nice Sig! Who cares about beauty marks, it just shows someone was prepared to use it, and was ready often. ;) I'm very intrigued by that .45 ammo you have there, I'd love to see a pic of the bullet and know the specs... I'd buy it just because of the box, but I prefer to know a little background first. Awesome though.

3. Nice weapon you got there if you dont mind how much did you pay for that beauty

4. She's purty! It's funny that it says made in W Germany.

5. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22 Member

+p 230gr JHP I haven't tested them yet, but they look like they will open up nicely.

[​IMG]

6. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22 Member

It was $400

7. Well this is no East or West Germany anymore. I don't know it just kinda proves the age a little. I think it's cool, but funny.

8. Nice pistol.

Nice price.

Can't remember, is that double orsingle stack?

9. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

My vote is 7 or 8 +1... but i may be wrong, as i've been fooled before... :oops:

10. JoeDoe22

JoeDoe22 Member

7+1 single stack

Im not sure if the 8+1's fit or not...I guess I should do a bit of research before I spend more money

11. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I agree with Strange about the Beauty marks: It shows it wasn just a "trophy" or "Vault" gun.
    Although I never have fired a SIG, I have held one, and the grip angle felt ok (Used to the 1911 and JHP) The De-cocker feature was interesting.

12. 45Man

45Man Member

That was the latest and greatest safety feature of the mid-1980's. Beretta 92SB is similar. Double-action 1st pull of both is 12lbs. Never an AD with that! Lucky to hit anything at all with the first DA shot that heavy. The transition from 1st to 2nd shot is not easy to master.