Four Fixes For .45ACP

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by ulferlingsson, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ulferlingsson

ulferlingsson Member

The third bullet out of the new .45ACP the slide bit me. Had me fear shooting the pistol. A sharp point on the trigger hurt my finger after only one magazine. Add to those painful experiences that the trigger was hard, rough, and not at all consistent, and that the safety was very hard to engage. The weird thing with the trigger was that it could be reasonable when dry firing, and very hard to pull once the magazine was loaded. So I did some fixes as shown in this video. Milled the slide. Changed shape of the trigger. Rounded corners, ground, and polished a number of surfaces on the trigger, and the safety. It is now pure pleasure to shoot. The trigger pull is perfectly smooth all the way, I haven't got anything to measure it with but it definitely does not need to be lighter. There is no increase in resistance at the actual trigger point. It now shoots as accurate as my Ruger 22/45 since I don't flinch or jerk when pulling the trigger. In fact, it's more fun to shoot than the Ruger because the iron sights are a lot better (oh yeah, they were REALLY out of line when new). Video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_fGCXvCtm8&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Ulf!
    Like your video but I can't help thinking that your 'slidebite' is the result of your rubber slip on grip that puts your hand too high.
    I like the detail you show in the video.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

It had been a while since I had taken my 45 out. It pinched the crap out of my finger like it usually does. I like your fix!

Great video, welcome to the site!

4. ulferlingsson

ulferlingsson Member

Thank you! About the rubber, I tried it to get a better grip but it had the opposite effect. The "bite" was before I put it on.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

edit: Have a heat gun to remodel the trigger!