Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used this for some time and decided to share it with everyone here. It is a MS Excel spreadsheet designed to work as a firearms database.

The screen shot below shows how each page is laid out. There is a title box for the name of your gun, as well as Make, Model, Serial, OAN (Owner Applied Number), Cailber, Action, Barrel Length, Stock/Grips, Sites, Optics, and Manufacturer's Website. There is also a spot for a photo of the gun and a general text box for any notes.

You can hyperlink the name of the gun on the index page to each page in the sheet so you can look up each gun with one click. You can rename the sheet tabs at the bottom by double-clicking them.

Get it from the site in my signature.

Enjoy!

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Very nice, Steve! I built pretty much the same thing only without the picture area. Mine also has an area for rounds fired and any maintenance completed outside of normal clean/lube. For the shotguns I also maintain a patterning log so I can always grab the right gun/choke/ammo combination for the game I'm after. My wife says I'm anal. Yeah, ok Shoe Lady who uses the whole closet floor to organize your 300 pairs of shoes! ;)

I think I'll incorporate that and a couple other ideas you have (layout). Don't forget to keep a copy of the database in a safe place outside your computer (i.e. flash/thumb drive, off-site storage drive, hard copy in a file cabinet at work, etc.).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to mention that each page prints 8-1/2 x 11 so you can print it out and put it in a safe/etc. You can also put the DB on a thumb drive and store it that way too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks SWeiss! I've thought about doing something like this for a while but.... Can we spell
P R O C R A S T I N A T I O N :embarrassed2:
Looks great and I'll have to start on filling it up. :brow: right now :brow:

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Well Done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts