Freedom of speech as a cop

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kiln, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Kiln

Kiln Member

All I see are videos where police have a special right to harass you for exercising freedom of expression.

If you flip off your neighbor, he'll hate you but he has to get over it. Flipping off a construction worker gets you verbally assaulted, which is also legal. Flip off a cop and you have to show ID, proof of insurance, and take ten minutes to explain why you have the right to make the officer have the sads. It is so important, in fact, that he must leave the scene of an accident where he is assisting to make you do so. Special rights for special people.

Hmmmm...

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Fixed it for you to reflect the real world. ;););)
    News Flash the sh!t head was on probation. There for the cops can stop him and search him or question him anytime they want. Its part of the terms of probation. hell they can come in and search his house or car he is in at anytime. Me I would of reported it to him probation officer.

3. Kiln

Kiln Member

Right but the reason was, wait for it, because the officer was upset that somebody flipped him off.

He had no reason to suspect that the guy was violating his probation other than him upsetting the police officer's delicate sensibilities and not respecting his authoritah. Why not just allow cops to search your belongings if you're not nice to them. Let's do away with the fourth amendment altogether and just allow cops to search your property if you're not polite. We'll all wear powdered wigs and go back to letting the government officials do whatever they want as if we were still a British colony and not protected by the constitution.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  4. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

And if the cop flips someone off he is unprofessional and should be fired. He gets an IA and gets suspended or fired for official misconduct. So where is a cops right to freedom of expression, he is not entitled to it.

5. Kiln

Kiln Member

Your argument is flawed.

When you are on duty at any job you still have freedom of expression, you should just be aware that if it is against company rules you can be fired for it. I work in the health care industry and anything unprofessional you say can get you fired. It is common sense not to do anything that will put a bad face on the place you work.

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You for get that's different. He's a cop and not entitled to be a dick because that is abuse of power. But its OK for a punk to do it.

7. Kiln

Kiln Member

A "punk" has no power to abuse. That's why it is different. Some "punk" can't force you out of a vehicle and go through your pockets without being charged with assault.

But hey, I guess Orwell was right.

"All animals are equal but some are more equal than others."

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

How about not being a dumbass, and flipping off a cop?..... Completely stupid acts like that explain why the oxygen thief was on probation in the first place..... But keep defending these types... They aren't smart enough to do it themselves.

9. Kiln

Kiln Member

No surprise to see the resident cops pop in and say they should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want.

I seem to recall a police force that had no oversight or accountability...now which country was that?

Germany maybe?

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Know why a cop detains and hassles someone for giving them the bird? Because he can't punch them in the face like they deserve. What's the problem?

11. Kiln

Kiln Member

For all the non-cops out there:

Attached Files:

12. Bull

I'm not a cop.... I'm just not a dipsh*t.....

13. Kiln

Kiln Member

So you've learned your place. Good for you.

Submit, conform, obey.

They harrass people because they deserve it...mhhhmm.

14. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

There are other professions out there that have fired people not only police for their freedom of expression when they were not working. So who gets to decide why an unemployed person can have freedom of expression when a working joe can't?

15. Bull

No.... They harass dumbasses like you defend, because they act like dumbasses..... I on the other hand, have never been harassed. Why?.... Because I don't act like a dumbass..... So you jump up and down, act like a dumbass, and thumb your nose at the law, because your dumbass friends think it's cool.....

16. cicpup

Vermont
    Their boss.

Freedom of Speech protects you from being prosecuted. It doesn't protect you from being fired or getting your teeth knocked out. Also doesn't protect you from a LEO detaining you and attempting to find something he can charge you with. Actions have consequences. Period.

17. Bull

Kiln's dumbass friends.... Just ask them

18. Bull

+100 this..... Idiots still can't get this through their heads....

19. Kiln

Kiln Member

So you believe that you actually deserve to be harassed if you don't kiss the officer's ass hard enough? This tells me how sad the country we live in truly is and also explains why there are so many arrogant prick cops, because they can pretty much do whatever they want unless somebody has a cell phone and the apologists will say "don't act like you're free if you don't want to be messed with".

20. cicpup

Vermont
    How in your brain does "Don't flip off a cop" get twisted into "Kissing his ass"?

What an amazing sense of entitlement you have. You deserve everything you get.