Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Mon used ot like chipped beef and I liked the taste, I hadn't bought it in years so decided to try it again... they changed the recipe, it had a weird chemical taste...

Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
9,691 Posts
Guess I never understood why someone would take a mixture of flour grease and milk, cover that with a mixture of flour, grease, and milk and call it a meal.

it is good though!

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
Guess I never understood why someone would take a mixture of flour grease and milk, cover that with a mixture of flour, grease, and milk and call it a meal.

it is good though!
It's a German thing (or British, maybe). And it is very good!

·
Administrator
28,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Because it tastes delicious. :D

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,359 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
Yep. That and peas in cream on toast. Yummy
Now there's one I never tried. Gramma used to make creamed spinach, but never the pea thing.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,359 Posts
Now there's one I never tried. Gramma used to make creamed spinach, but never the pea thing.
If you like Peas. Cream peas on toast is great.

·
Super Moderator
9,691 Posts
It's a German thing (or British, maybe). And it is very good!
Well, seeing that my family is of strong German descent, I am going to let the Brits take responsibility. Besides if it were German it would be made with beer, cabbage, and entrails I think.

• Haha
Reactions: ajole and histed

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,359 Posts
Well, seeing that my family is of strong German descent, I am going to let the Brits take responsibility. Besides if it were German it would be made with beer, cabbage, and entrails I think.
We are German/Norwegian it could be a Norwegian thing. Most of our main meals seem to lean that way.

·
Saved by Grace through Faith
69 Posts
Yeah. I do that sometimes. They turn out light and fluffy and delicious. I put powdered sugar on them when I'm done. But you have to eat them right away and you can't have leftovers. They get greasy and cold and yucky. Just better off throwing them away if you have leftovers.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
Ok...color me a cheap date...but I am too cheap (poor people got poor ways) to throw much of anything away, so I had the two left over biscuits the next day for breakfast and I found them very tasty cold and not what I would describe as greasy. So that was my take and of course I respect Kirk's take on the situation...but I offer my two cents for what it is worth. YMMV

·
Administrator
28,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ok...color me a cheap date...but I am too cheap (poor people got poor ways) to throw much of anything away, so I had the two left over biscuits the next day for breakfast and I found them very tasty cold and not what I would describe as greasy. So that was my take and of course I respect Kirk's take on the situation...but I offer my two cents for what it is worth. YMMV
The biscuits made from scratch don't seem to get "greasy" as leftovers. The canned biscuits ("pop and bake"), when fried, ones do, particularly when deep fried. They're different somehow.

FWIW, I saved the leftovers of the fried biscuits I made too. As you, they were just fine.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
36,341 Posts
It’s definitely not a German thing.
Germans have hundreds of different sausages, NONE of them is seasoned like American breakfast sausage or links.
And they would NEVER put sausage in gravy. Sacrilege!
Except red curry sauce. That’s pretty yummy.

They also just don’t do hot foods for breakfast. Sliced ham or 8 kinds of sausage, cheese, rolls, yoghurt, quark and fruits, pastries...but rarely hot food. Pfannkuchen, maybe, but that’s a special occasion thing. Soft Boiled eggs are served hot. But that’s about it.

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,359 Posts
Your mom and my mom must've gone to the same home economics class.
My Norwegian Grandmother? Lol

Those and hotdishes are a staple up here. None of that light meals up here.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,027 Posts
yuMMMy thread !!!

B&G is also a Hoosier Thang, it seems...

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,359 Posts
yuMMMy thread !!!

B&G is also a Hoosier Thang, it seems...
It's a yummy thing. Each place with a different spin. I like it with scrambled eggs on top with a dash of Louisiana hot sauce. And a side of crispy bacon.

·
Premium Member
36,341 Posts
I make my own sausage using Hi Mountain Prairie Sage seasoning, and some cheap $1 a pound pork. Might toss in some bacon ends or ham for fat to help it bind better.

That spice has some red pepper in it, a nice kick. Between that and a few splashes of Tapatio, there’s the perfect bit of heat for a breakfast.

I also do a “burrito Maudy” that a now defunct local place in southern Utah did. Eggs, shredded hash browns, and sausage links wrapped in a tortilla, covered with sausage gravy, plus, at the restaurant, your choice of Chile verde or Red Chile sauce. I don’t bother with that....it’s all gravy for me.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts