Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Friggin' Flu mist!!!!

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  ajole 
#1 ·
Not a week before I have to leave to drive to Alaska, I get notified that I have to go get my flu shot, or flu mist. I've had the actual injection before, and it's always done well, but that flu mist always messes me up. I just got the thing about 8 hours ago and I am already getting sick. Thank the USAF and their inocculations! That flu mist always makes me sick and it takes at least 2 weeks for me to feel half arsed again. This is really gonna hack me off if I'm sick when it's time to make the drive.

#4 ·
Get some masks, and some hand sanitizer if you NEED to go somewhere in public use a mask and use sanitizer oftern Tell your wife to really if at all possible to stay away from as many public places Also when you do your shopping find a 24 hour place and go about 1 or 2 AM and shop Most of the time walmart is almost empty then.

#5 ·
Its not the plague! A little space from the public and good hygiene should stop you from getting it. My little brother got it and my mom took care of him, and she never got sick. Of course she lysols everything and washes her hands like its some sort of ritual. I guess thats the nurse in her.
Primal, that definately sucks. I've never gotten a flu shot and (knock on wood) I've never gotten the flu. I hope you get to feeling better my friend or that could be a pretty miserable trip.

#6 ·
Yeah, nothing like trying to concentrate on driving when you've got some serious medicine head going on. The real biggie is having to stop every 10 miles to run to the bathroom. That would really suck.

#7 ·
Good ol' Uncle Sam, always trying to keep the fighting man healthy. Even if it makes you sick... :angel:
I'm with you Primal, except for me, every time I get the flu shot, I get sick...the mist is OK for me.
Hope things go well, safe trip.
If you come through Utah, I'll keep a bathroom open for ya!

#8 ·
The flu mist is live-strain, the shot isn't. That's probably why the mist makes you feel like crap: you're being infected with the flu just a weakened (they hope) version of it. I won't go near live-strain stuff. My wife is a Medical Laboratory Scientist and she won't either.

-'bridge

#9 ·
All I know right now is I feel like total crap, and I hope I get better before I leave this state 8 days from now.

Thanks for letting me know that Stonebridge, I'll try to remember that in the future. Of course, I volunteered for this crap, so now I have to do what I'm told.

Ajole, you live anywhere near Hill, AFB?

#12 ·
I'll be stopping at Hill AFB for the night on the trip up there. I'll keep you guys in the loop, it's just too bad that I don't have my guns with me so we could do a mini-HPFF shoot.

#14 ·
Primal, I'm about 2.5 hours east of Hill. But if there was a reason to head over that way...I'm there! We drive that far to go see a movie some days! :angel:

#16 ·
Well, that's where I'll be on the second or third night of the trip. It all depends on how far I get the first day, if I have to stop in Albuquerque at Kirtland AFB or if I can get all the way to the USAF Academy. The problem isn't the driving, it's the fact that I am not released to leave until the 1st of November, and I am leaving this town on the 31st. I can drive up to 5 hours away from the base without being on leave, and just getting to Kirtland would get me 300+ miles up the road and a full days head start.

Anywho, more to come as I iron out the details of the trip with Mrs. Primal.

#18 ·
Hey primal are you in the service?i been reading about you leaving to alaska but couldn't
find out why.
Uhm, its in his signature! Hes in the USAF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.