Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Just curious with that all stuffed in the backpack where do you carry the stuff you need to SURVIVE with? :D
That gear is quite small compared to some of the rigs I've seen. And all that will fit in a smaller bag and hand carry it or tie it on your BP

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I only have a Technician class license [1995 no code tech] I can go 50 mhz [6 mtr band] 144-148 mhz [2 mter band] 430 -450 mhz [70 centimeter band] and up and now with the change in it I can dabble in the 10 mter band around 28 mhz. Anything under 30 mhz is called HF or high frequency [shortwave]

My time in R.A.C.E.S. Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services we only used 2 mtr and 70 Cm with HF for communication from our HQ to state HQ.

Here in Texas they use RACES as well ARES Amateur Radio Emergency Service which is the arm of the ARRL Amateur Radio Relay League ,Sort of the head of amateur radio also SKYWARN uses hams as well Skywarn for those who don't know are trained weather spotters the National Weather Service trains [usually in winter early spring] to go out look at the sky and watch the weather during storms for wind,hail,lightning, rain, and if any tornadoes are forming.

If anyone is really interested in becoming a ham [and it's real easy to do] Ask a ham in your are you'll see them by the antenna's on the car or licence plate many hams will have their call sign on the plate anywhere from 1 or 2 letters then a number from 1 to 0 then 2 or 3 letters afterward.

It is somewhat like CB in a way except the folks are much nicer you meet young and old men women children from ALL walks of lifeeven some famous TV and movies stars and reporters were ham ops.

Oh ya almost forgot 2 mter and up uses repeaters or you can talk radio to radio [simplex] A repeater will recieve your signal and retransmit it out so you can talk father.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.