Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Looks just like my Cobra CA-380.

eldar
Daz cuz Cobra bought Davis or Davis bought Cobra or it rained on Tuesday. Adam would know, but he ain't here no more

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
130 Posts
Local LGS got some we will call police turn in guns. It was real crunchy inside, a good cleaning and works fine. Davis P-380 View attachment 74027
A few years ago I bought a couple Ravens that came out of a police department in Kentucky. One looked like it had been chucked out of the window of a moving car, the other looked brand new. Sometimes these police evidence guns can be bargains... I'd like to have one with a case number engraved on it for my collection.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,608 Posts
A few years ago I bought a couple Ravens that came out of a police department in Kentucky. One looked like it had been chucked out of the window of a moving car, the other looked brand new. Sometimes these police evidence guns can be bargains... I'd like to have one with a case number engraved on it for my collection.

Oh, Bummmy

·
Super Moderator
9,094 Posts
Local LGS got some we will call police turn in guns. It was real crunchy inside, a good cleaning and works fine.
Make sure you've got the buffer springs really clean and that the buffer is able to move free without hanging up.

·
Registered
602 Posts
As I read your thread title...TEC-9 was what I was thinking. But your right...I've seen those David/lorcins, etc on COPS a few times.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As I read your thread title...TEC-9 was what I was thinking. But your right...I've seen those David/lorcins, etc on COPS a few times.
This is a strange subject for me. Basically all things Intratec have somehow become collectible and many have actually become valuable. I suspect Tec-9s are sharply on the decline in terms of use in crime and confiscations, due to the fact that they went from $199 to sometimes over $800. What gets me is that the Tec-9 is a legitimately good design that was often poorly executed (although my DC-9 runs like a top), I'm baffled that since 2004 no one has copied the design, slightly improved it, and put it back into production. Fixed up and with an integral brace mounting point, the Tec-9 could be a legit low-cost PCC contender and reclaim its proper place in gun safes every where.

·
Super Moderator
9,094 Posts
I'd like to have one with a case number engraved on it for my collection.
At one time I acquired a Jennings Nine covered in fingerprint dust. The LGS (who had a sideline biz specializing in selling off evidence weapons) told me it was used in "a crime" in a nearby town but I could never tie it to anything at all.
I think it'd be cool to have a firearm with documentation showing it was used in a bank job or something. However I wouldn't want one used in a suicide or a murder, I'd find that too disturbing.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you've got the buffer springs really clean and that the buffer is able to move free without hanging up.
Yep, cleaned up the buffer springs cause there was alot of crud in there. I will probably check them again, I have some aerosol cleaner again. I only put 5 rounds through it to check function, safe queen now😁

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
The gal at the lumberyard was asking about the Davis P-380 today.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Ah!

So he is!

I'd heard from some place he was gone!

eldar
He took a vacation. Now he's back. Everyone needs a break once in a while. I'm glad he's back too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts