Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone filed down their front sight post ? im thinking it might help for longer range accuracy but i dont want to mess up a good thing
anyone tried this?any input from others?
pros and cons?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
has anyone filed down their front sight post ? im thinking it might help for longer range accuracy but i dont want to mess up a good thing
anyone tried this?any input from others?
pros and cons?
How far are you shooting?

I have very little problems hiting clays at 200 open sights with my 995.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I'm going to grind out a little of mine on top and glue a .040 grn fiber optic tube on top, it's was the smallest dia .I could find. Brownells sells them in dofferent colors in 6" lenghts for project like this.i'll update once i get it done. It seems it will make it easier to pick up the frt site with a small dot.--RR--

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I got my peice from the shop ,he has some left .He buys it for stock for replacements etc.If i was gonna do a bunch of guns i might consider ordering the thing from Brownells but moneys tight ammos short and untill something shakes loose i'll not be adding that to my inventory presently. i will let everyone know how well it works.I don't have brownells book maybe you can order one seperate peice?--RR--

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.