Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have any experience going to the Front Sight Firearms Training Institue in Las Vegas, NV ???????

·
Registered
282 Posts
I could imagine the crap you'd get showing up with a Hi Point at that place.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe, maybe not, but if I do go, you can bet the C9 will be with me...... they advise to bring two guns anyway........ well. they asked. :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
586 Posts
read about it in a magazine, something id love to do....but it's probably stupidly expensive, and going across the country to deal with all that hassle of differing gun laws blah blah sounds like a pain. But if you live in NV it would certainly be less of a hassle.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My experience with Front Site.

No - I didn't go, but almost did. Personal stuff changed my plans.

I've been to their web site and signed up for everything they offer. They send you free reports, a newsletter, free DVD of stuff. All excellent and another source of info. Did I mention free? It is NOT just "Hi gun owner, buy this"

You'll also learn, they do specials and deals all the time. My trip from PA to Las Vegas, 4 day handgun, expenses, food and such and car would've been under $1,000. Yes, it's $1,000 but once you see what they teach you, and if you have the cash - I thought it was a steal.

As for HP's to Front Site - "Front Sight's motto is "Any Gun Will Do-If You Will Do." This means that you do not need to bring a specific type of gun to be considered part of the group. You will not be made to feel foolish or looked down upon because you did not bring what the instructors use. Bring whatever you own, and we will train you to be very proficient with it. We do not require a specific make or model of gun.

We do see a significant number of Glocks and 1911's in our handgun courses, but double action autos and revolvers are welcome, too. The type of handgun is not as important as your ability to properly use whatever you carry. Any semiautomatic handgun of .380 caliber or larger and any revolver of .38 special or larger is acceptable in the course.

We do strongly recommend that you bring a second weapon as a backup -- in case your primary weapon breaks during the course."

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you go online for the FREE newsletters in about the fourth one, they really have a great offer that includes 4 day training, hat, shirt, and even a FREE gun............... well worth at least checking out the site................. It's at the top of my Bucket List.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts