Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
History: The C9 has been back to the mothership for failure to load and some ejecting problems. They buffed the chamber, replaced the firing pin springs, and replaced the ejector and spring. Once I got it back, I polished the feed ramp. Laoding issues are lmost gone.

Now I am getting way too many failures to eject. No stovepipes. The spent shell seems to lodge in the top of the chamber preventing the net round from loading. The two cases are parallel and jammed against the roof of the chamber. This happens with all three mags and at various points in the mags. The gun is clean. I am 6'2" and 275 and do not limp wrist the gun. As a matter of fact, I seem to be the only one that can handle the gun with any reliability....everyone else gets at least one jam per mag no matter what I tell them.

The problem seems to worsen after 50+ shots. WWB and Magtech are the worst. Blazer Brass has not been much better. UMC runs the best.

Thoughts?

Splitter

·
Registered
638 Posts
I had the same problem after I polished my feed ramp. I think something must have gotten stuck between the ejector and housing(or whatever you call it). I took the ejector and spring out made sure they were clean and have had no further FTE's. If you feel comfortable taking yours' apart it might help to do so and make sure it is clean.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Make sure your grip is correct and don't limp wrist the shot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me when I say I'm not limp wristing. I'm large and strong...just not pretty :).

As far as remocing the ejector key and spring....do I have to punch out the pin through the opening on top of the slide? Does it matter in which direction I punch that pin out? Where is the spring? I cannot see it when I have the slide off.

Thanks in advance.

Splitter

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Did you look through the basic take down guide at the top of this board? There must be a pic and description there somewhere. I never had the ejector out of mine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks!

I am going back to the range tomorrow after a thorough cleaning...except for the extractor spring. If I am still having issues, I will come back and do the extractor.

This gun has been a bit of a pain in the @ss, hope it clears up soon.

Splitter

·
Registered
88 Posts
That rattling is the firing pin. until the gun is racked the firing pin in loose in it's channel.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Unless what you are hearing is the drop safety, in which case you will hear it all the time...;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.