Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You don't need to modify anything right now. All you need to do is leave them loaded and go shoot the thing. It's not broke until it's broke, and right now it's not even broken in...

Well for starters, +p ratings are based on a pressure threshold at +/-(X)% based on the maximum pressure of the proof round, not velocity at all. Plus ammo manufacturers love to bump their numbers up to sell more units. We could delve in to the physics involved, but something tells me you wouldn't be listening.
And how exactly do you think higher velocities are achieved? oh yeah theyre usually associated with higher pressures and when i messed around with GRT and duplicated s&bs ammo it was in +p pressures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Plus P has nothing to do with your trouble.
Don’t screw with the mags until you’ve tried actually loading the mags and letting them sit, then shooting the gun with regular commercial ammo, NOT reloads, and without a can on it.
After you’ve tried that, let’s see if you have to tweak the mags. We can help with that. And it’s not “modify” the mags….it’s “tweak” the mags.
my point was +p should decrease the chance of stove piping and it still was almost every round

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
And how exactly do you think higher velocities are achieved? oh yeah theyre usually associated with higher pressures and when i messed around with GRT and duplicated s&bs ammo it was in +p pressures.
You really don't know how it works do you? You have people here that reload and know what different powders and bullet weights and shapes actually do for velocity and pressure. If you don't want to listen then thats your loss not ours. You have people here telling you the truth that have the experience and real training telling you.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
And how exactly do you think higher velocities are achieved? oh yeah theyre usually associated with higher pressures
USUALLY, huh? Yes and no. Increased pressure increases velocity, but so does decreased projectile weight and increased barrel length. All without changing the pressure enough to qualify as +p.

and when i messed around with GRT and duplicated s&bs ammo it was in +p pressures.
Oh yeah? You measured it, eh? bar, psi, or MPa and was it in CUP or LUP? Let me guess, you have a piezo tester. Came in a set with your DE and 1911?

Don't tell me it was a strain gauge. It IS the cheapest and least reliable method of measuring... I mean we know you're cheap, you bought a hi point like (most of) the rest of us!

Come on, brother. Did you really think you were a shark jumping in to a minnow pond because it's a hi point forum? We've got LEOs from local to fed, every branch of service, and gun nuts galore. We can get you prepped, modded, smithed, coached, kung fu'ed, band-aided, mechaniced, foil-hatted, tatted, and there's even a guy who will teach you all you never wanted to know about crypto.

Just listen to what we're telling you and your C9 will start purring like a kitten. Or don't, and keep taking the long way around your ass when you're trying to get to your elbow.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
USUALLY, huh? Yes and no. Increased pressure increases velocity, but so does decreased projectile weight and increased barrel length. All without changing the pressure enough to qualify as +p.

Oh yeah? You measured it, eh? bar, psi, or MPa and was it in CUP or LUP? Let me guess, you have a piezo tester. Came in a set with your DE and 1911?

Don't tell me it was a strain gauge. It IS the cheapest and least reliable method of measuring... I mean we know you're cheap, you bought a hi point like (most of) the rest of us!

Come on, brother. Did you really think you were a shark jumping in to a minnow pond because it's a hi point forum? We've got LEOs from local to fed, every branch of service, and gun nuts galore. We can get you prepped, modded, smithed, coached, kung fu'ed, band-aided, mechaniced, foil-hatted, tatted, and there's even a guy who will teach you all you never wanted to know about crypto.

Just listen to what we're telling you and your C9 will start purring like a kitten. Or don't, and keep taking the long way around your ass when you're trying to get to your elbow.
GRT is a simulation software and it’s very accurate to real life testing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Used mags that I had fully loaded for two weeks
Lubed up some contact surfaces
Put another 100 rounds through the gun
Worked the action before that couple hundred times
And still I’m getting this
Hand Automotive exterior Trigger Bumper Gesture

Hand Fluid Gesture Finger Thumb

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
GRT is a simulation software and it’s very accurate to real life testing
No, Gordon's is a SIMULATION based on user created and uploaded data. Pressure data that comes from strain gauges which we've determined are the cheapest and least precise way to measure. On top of THAT, Gordon's only accepts data from Pressure Trace II which is a system that dogs directly on "crude simulation software" like Gordon's.

So please tell me again how YOU personally measured the chamber pressure of your ammo in your firearm? Oh yeah, you didn't...

Reactions: Rerun and moona11

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No, Gordon's is a SIMULATION based on user created and uploaded data. Pressure data that comes from strain gauges which we've determined are the cheapest and least precise way to measure. On top of THAT, Gordon's only accepts data from Pressure Trace II which is a system that dogs directly on "crude simulation software" like Gordon's.

So please tell me again how YOU personally measured the chamber pressure of your ammo in your firearm? Oh yeah, you didn't...
Pressure data comes from the simulation. Yeah, you input the values for your load.
The caliber, case volume, projectile weight and length COAL, what kind of projectile it is(solid brass will increase chamber pressure for instance compared to soft lead), powder type and the weight of it, bullet jump
And then it will simulate that load and give you the estimated chamber pressure value just like it gives an estimated velocity and exiting pressure.
From my testing, and I use GRT a lot for rifle loads, it predicts velocity very accurately and I pressure is more than likely also very accurate to the real world.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
So...no. You didn't actually measure anything. Meaning you don't actually know anything. You have a rough guesstimate.

Here's what we do know. Limp wristing, stiff magazine springs, and improperly gapped feed lips are the three most common FTF causes we see around here. Not seating the rounds fully to the rear of the mag is a close 4th that diminishes in severity over time as the mag spring breaks in and the sharp edges you were told to knock down start to round over naturally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So...no. You didn't actually measure anything. Meaning you don't actually know anything. You have a rough guesstimate.

Here's what we do know. Limp wristing, stiff magazine springs, and improperly gapped feed lips are the three most common FTF causes we see around here. Not seating the rounds fully to the rear of the mag is a close 4th that diminishes in severity over time as the mag spring breaks in and the sharp edges you were told to knock down start to round over naturally.
Did you see the photos? It’s the magazine. The rounds are nose down in all the mags and that’s what’s causing all the issues.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Did you see the photos? It’s the magazine. The rounds are nose down in all the mags and that’s what’s causing all the issues.
How does a bullet get hung up point down like that? Is that the only bullet in the mag? Is the rim in between the rear lips, or below them? And then, how does it try to load nose up? Something odd here.

We need some pictures of a loaded mag, so we can see what’s going on. My first inclination is to roll the rear main mag lips outward, or at least run some light abrasive over them to polish them.

They might be bad. HP magazines are a known weak point. But they’re really easy to fix, too.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
How does a bullet get hung up point down like that? Is that the only bullet in the mag? Is the rim in between the rear lips, or below them? And then, how does it try to load nose up? Something odd here.

We need some pictures of a loaded mag, so we can see what’s going on. My first inclination is to roll the rear main mag lips outward, or at least run some light abrasive over them to polish them.

They might be bad. HP magazines are a known weak point. But they’re really easy to fix, too.
The same things he's been told the entire time...

Personally, that looks like the rim of the top round catching the rim of the lower round which is driving the lower round nose down in to the magazine and causing the top round to impact the feed ramp and flip up.

Like you said. Need to see a full mag pre and post insertion.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts