Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to take a CC course so I went out to get in a little practice.

I had problems with about 10% FTF. Most of them were nose high failures.

Any thoughts as to what would be causing this. I was using Winchester shells that I purchased at WalMart. Never used them before, any chance that could be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the C9. I have had some FTF before, but a lot more than normal last night. :cantlook:

You said "Firm wrist and elbow", how would that cause a FTF?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried two different shells and a better grip and I am still having a problem, not as bad, but it is still there. Most feed problems stand straight up (is this what they call a stove pipe?). After I get done with my class this weekend I will tear it down and do some polishing and a complete clean. I will take my Ruger 22 as a backup just in case this one starts giving me major problems. A few feed problems won't hurt me to bad but I want to keep them to a minimum for my class.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had one FTF during qualifying. I think fewer shells did help. When I got it home I tore it down and polished the feed ramp just to see if that would help. A trip to the range should help me know that.

I did out shoot the high priced guns by a long ways. I guess spending a lot of money on a gun doesn't make you a good shot! ^-^

How far should the shells be kicking out? At what point should I think that it is my firing pin?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.