fucntional customization of my C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by rubrtoe, May 10, 2016.

1. rubrtoe

rubrtoe Well-Known Member

First of all I'm trying now to correct the typos in the title but this stupid so-called "editing mode will not let me!

After i got it, the trigger pull on my c9 was horrendous & I looked around ont eh internet and nobody works on hi-point or makes any triggers (except i guess for the ornamental one discussed here& I ain't into ornamentation other than looking at it) but one shop told me to just ask high point if they would lighten the trigger pull.

So I called Hi-Point and the tech told me to send it in and he'd lighten the trigger to 6 lbs from 10. The weird thing is, at the gun shop, all the pistols, even the expensive ones, had this horrendous 10 lb pull, but the .40 HP my brother bought new had a nice trigger that did not need lightened.So Hi-Point lighted my trigger for free as warranty work & even sent me all the accessories again that came with the new one.

The trigger was much better but had lots of uneven creep after about 400 rounds. So I just called again and he told me to keep it well lubed & shoot it some the very next next time I go to range so i dry fired it 100s of time sand in the process ruined the spring and bent a firing pin. i all ready had a pin assembly ordered, so no biggy.

The trigger pull got a LOT better with the dry firing. But there were other issues leading me to heavily modify the frame itself and the trigger.

First I tripled the width of the trigger with some very durable plastic epoxy that i can mold things with and make parts for stuff, which helped out even more with the trigger pull. I also lengthened the trigger as much as I could (about 1/4 inch), But still a lot of trigger drag remained from the fact that the square little trigger guard hole is so small my finger touches the frame both on top and bottom making me wonder if my trigger finger being fully supported and only touching the trigger would be even better.

So I decided to eliminate that as well by hacking off the trigger guard and making a new one and and adding another 1/4 inch to my trigger so it curves around my finger and keeps it off the guard, totally eliminating any drag caused by my finger touching anything but trigger when I pull it. I also when it was still pliable, gripping it for shooting, put my finger in the trigger and molded the drying trigger material around my the bottom of my finger.

So now I have an offset &twisted trigger made for a right handed person. Earlier I had made my own rail for it (visible in pictures without laser. here it is.

later pictures are with my with my Crimson Trace CM-204 universal Rail Master and a 9 mm carbine Promag 16-round magazine that I modified today work with my C9, but the modified magazine has not been field tested yet.

Note that i read someplace where a guy bought the c9 and the 995 and said "the neat thing is that the mags are interchangeable " Frankly I highly doubt that because the Promag I have is for the Hi-point carbine and it wobbled badly front to rear and in and out& any magazine that is built for a specific weapon, would not move around that much in that weapon.

My modification for it then stabilizes it in the proper position where it feeds the best (hand recycled) which was out as far as it could go still latched and angled toward the rear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Where to go with this
    Welcome hope you brought your own crayons

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Only mods can edit titles. That's just the way it is...sorry.

He's been here for 3 years.....

4. moona11

10 posts is newish :p:p:p:p

5. Bigern

Bigern Member

Interesting pistol... :confused:

6. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

I've never liked the c9, i tend twards the jhp and jcp, but that last picture looks good. Good job!

7. rubrtoe

not trying to be rude wen I point out I don't post anything just to be small talking and I prefer it if readers, who don't have anything germane to my post to say, that they go elsewhere to small talk and not clutter up my threads with non-pertanent replies

8. Rachgier

Good luck with that.

9. histed

histed Supporting Member

There are times I miss Talon. And I like cheese too

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Now that's funny as hell. Do you realize where you are? Need to go to your Safe Space?

11. Rachgier

Don't worry, cic and Moonz are on it. I've issued a play nice warning in threads to both sides, let's see where it goes.

12. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

I guess I am fairly new, so I don't know Talon, BUT I like cheese too...if it matters!!! :D

13. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Not gonna happen! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

14. Recoman

If you can get that magazine to fit and work, you could probably get the RedBall magazine to work also. 20 rounds on tap there!!! Boom...

15. Recoman

I actually used some "duck" tape on this"custom job"!!!

Attached Files:

16. rubrtoe

lol. no, I'm on paxil and trying to stay in my nice place.

17. moona11

Did someone say cheese? I like cheese and who made who. Is this a thread drift? Never seem one quite like it. Cheese and Paxil and gun lube from walmart

18. panoz77

panoz77 Member

That C9 is an abortion. Custom???? That is one way to look at it I guess.

19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Just curious. Would this be the same C-9 you're having problems with in three other threads?