Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Ruger American Competition

Votes: 5 83.3%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,162 Posts
Greg,

I have another hat to throw in the ring. It is made in Turkey but it ISN'T a Canik...The Girsan Regard MC.

It is a Berretta 92FS. Steel frame, no Poly, reliable and gets great reviews.

I own one and LOVE it. Before I purchased it a few years back I read a ton of reviews and most people actually said that Girsan did a better job with the pistol than Berretta. The Turks can build one heck of a firearm.

So yes, I know you have it down to Ruger or Canik Meta but I would take a look at the Girsan Regard also. Gave you a link to a decent price and they seem readilly available.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Also, you can never go wrong with a 1911 or a CZ. Both are stalwarts and will serve you well for a full size steel pistol - but 9mm in 1911 just doesn't sit right with me lol.

Hard for me to choose from your two options as both are nice... but Ruger is my vote if I am confined to those two (for a full size).

Reactions: Pistolkitty

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,162 Posts
It shoots Beautiful too TNT. I absolutely love it!!!

Like I said, the Turks make one helluva firearm.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,162 Posts
Nitride I believe, wears nice. Still looks new and its 3 years old? Yeah I haven't put 3000 rounds through it either but I would say at least 1000, it comes to the range with me more often than not.

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH
1 - 3 of 3 Posts