Full Polished NAA Mini .22lr Revolver

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Sakdog, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

I decided to polish up my NAA mini .22 , I got my buddys Naa mini (The one with the shorter barrel) for sorta comparison.. Fun little gun, Its kinda hard to get a decent shot of the polish.. Its not so swirly looking in person...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course my wifes cat has to bother with everything whenever i get the camera out so I figured I would use him as the Bad a$$ Cat with Gat... Its about the right size for him too!
    [​IMG]

2. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Member

Good polish job. What'd you use?

Tom

3. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

A cheapy $7.99 Harbor freight Rotary tool (Similar to a Dremel) with felt buffing pads Had to buy a Rotary tool accessory kit for $13.99 for additional felt buffing cones etc. Harbor Freight also has a Polishing kit that includes a brown Rouge and a white rouge bar.. That is what I used for polish media.... Most of the NAA mini is made from stainless steel so it is very forgiving when polishing It also takes a bunch of time to get it smooth.. My barrel and the sides of the frame still have surface undulations which I would like to smooth all the way out. Definitely looks cool.. Next I think Im going to try making some grips :)

4. MalcolmStone

MalcolmStone Member

It's a slippery slope my friend. I started out making grips for my Star Modelo B, as a side project.

I've now made grips for my 44 Mag, 45 derringer, and my fiance's Bersa and Colt 45.

Once you make one, you have to make more. :)

Tom

5. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

HAHA Thanks for the note.. Its kinda fun working on stuff like this.... Down the slippery slope I go

6. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

Be sure that cat doesn't shoot you.

7. I wanted to make some grips also but lack all the tools needed. I really like the idea of doing your own checkering.

8. Oh DAMN, that cat is awesome!

9. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I hope you dont mind, but I saved that pic of your cat!!

10. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Yeah.. No copyright on the cat picture... crazy cat

11. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

Watch that trigger fingeerrr um.....Paw!

12. Nice job!

I have the 1 5/8" (think thats right) NAA with .22lr and .22Mag cylinders and have had a blast with it. We use the .22lr cylinder for range plinking and the wife uses the .22Mag when she pocket carries the NAA. As soon as she saw my NAA she laid claim to it and told me I had to buy another on when I got my "gun buying" credit card paid down again..LOL

13. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

How well does the NAA shoot? I've been looking for a smaller carry gun and was thinking about about getting the 22 mag. It's either that or a Keltec P-11. I kind of like sending my business towards NAA since they are a sister company to Hi-point.

14. browwiw

browwiw Member

15. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

I didnt know about NAA being a sister company to Hi-point.. The naa mini is a fun little gun, I havent shot the 22 mag version but my little .22lr mini revolver is a good little gun it takes some getting used to but its a great suprise gun..... I definitely recommend it.. I am also looking at a Kel-tec p11 or PF-9, Personally I would feel better with a 9mm over .22 mag.. Get em both.. I dont think you will be disappointed in the little mini revolver

16. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Brow.. Thanks for mentioning that website.. Ive seen those pictures like that.. Im cracking up browsing through those..
    Some funny stuff.

17. 69burbon

I may eventually get both but the budget will only allow for on at a time. My dad has an old 22lr 4 shot derringer that is a hoot to shoot. Granted it is useless over about 10 ft but....

18. 69burbon

Sorry, NAA is not a sister company Hi-point. I was thinking of Charter Arms. Those are the other revolvers I'm looking at. I've been looking at a lot of guns lately and the mind got cluttered. :D

19. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

Yeah I think Ive heard of Charter arms being a sis of Hi point.. I was looking at a nice used charter arms undercover .38sp for $149 just the other day, I cant convince myself to buy it because I was told its not made for +p ammo.. But I got my eye on some of that Charter arms stuff.. I want.. No wait.. I NEED a Wheel gun in .357 I NEED so many dang guns...

20. Ain't THAT the friggin' truth?! :roll: :wink: