Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search, but couldn't find any info, so I'll just ask....

Does anybody know why Hi-Point doesn't make a full size 9mm?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The C9 is pretty much full sized. One of the larger 9mms I've ever seen. I think they called it a compact because it is smaller than the C9 Comp.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant a 9mm that was the same size as the .40 & .45. Something akin to a CZ75, Beretta 92F, Sig 226, etc...

Would I be correct in assuming that the 10 shot mag gives a little more grip space? It looks like your pinky would tend to wrap around the bottom with the 8 shot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it does. I have small hands but I like the extra 3/4 to 1 inch grip you get. Definitely worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The more I'm learning about how blowback operation works, it seems like a 9mm might not have enough oompf to operate the slide. I'm not expert, and have not done any calculations or anything, so this is purely a guess.

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
Early in the Hi Points ventures they made a Maverick 9mm. I just bought one. Its no longer made and the name on the gun isn't Hi Point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The vast majrity of 9mm ammo has plenty of oomf to operate the slide. The slide weight is designed for the caliber.

We had a .380 (even less oomf and it's basically the same gun as the 9mm) and it has functioned flawlessly for well over 1200 round.

Splitter

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
The vast majrity of 9mm ammo has plenty of oomf to operate the slide. The slide weight is designed for the caliber.

We had a .380 (even less oomf and it's basically the same gun as the 9mm) and it has functioned flawlessly for well over 1200 round.

Splitter
Could be part of the reason that the 9mm is not as big as the .45.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
I have fire 9mm cci shotshell thruogh both my c9 and my 995 and they cycle the action no prob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I meant that a 9mm round might have enough power to cycle the action on a pistol the size of a JCP or JHP. I never doubted that the C9 would cycle properly.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thanks Autosurgeon....... after I posted, I found that forum also..... liked so much what I read, I went and looked at a C9 and bought within 15 minutes...... I love this HPFF site. LOTS of great info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.