Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at Fobus holsters and they seem to carry a few different holsters for Hi-Point, but the problem i have is the 9mm I own is not the c9. It is an older full size 9mm with a heel mag release. So I am wondering the difference in size of the .40 and .45's and wondering if those holsters would be what I need. I just dont think the one for the c9 or the .380 will work. Am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Some holsters that fit the C9 loosely might fit your older full size model but most likely the answer would be no.

Look for a holster that says it fits the JCP .40 or JHP .45. Of course the best method is to try your gun in the holster before buying but that would be difficult with an online or mail order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess I'll have to quit lurking and give some history that might be interesting. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I lived in that area and heard about the pistol when it was Stallard Arms, I think. It only had local distribution at first, a local toolmaker was making and selling them. A lot of the locals were really flippen-out with the idea of a very reliable 9mm for around 80.00 at that time.
If memory serves I believe they were using whatever Uncle Mikes nylon holster that also fits the Hi-power. I knew somebody that was a relative of his somehow. Sorry, it was a long time ago! I remember looking at a friends gun and it did shoot very well,but at that time it had a zinc-alloy frame and slide and would practically pull your pants off when used as a carry gun. I am not sure if the original guy sold-out or if he just renamed the company and became Hi-point. I would be interested to hear from those who probably know.
I currently have the 9mm Hi-point and just like the originals is totally reliable providing you either weaken the mag spring by leaving them fully loaded or just just load one less than capacity. I guess they are trying to avoid the problem of a fully loaded mag spring taking "set" and going weak by providing VERY strong mag springs. When loaded one less than capacity My pistol is always 100% reliable! I have even shot steel-case Wolf ammo with NO problems!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.