Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my MN-M44, Nagant revolver, and CZ-52 to the gravel pit yesterday for some C&R goodness. Didn't really do much in the way of target shooting, more plinking cans and whatnot with a buddy from work. I did bring an old computer monitor out and have some video of that that I'll put up on Youtube later for you guys to enjoy :)

For some reason .32 S&W Long are really rare in this area, so I was shooting shorts out of my Nagant (first time I've shot anything other than longs). After doing some can shooting and whatnot with it, I decided to have some lulz and shoot at the monitor from a little over 100 yards. Surprisingly, out of the 7 shots I did manage to hit it once and was thoroughly impressed with myself lol. The others were in it's general vicinity (within a foot or so of hitting it).

Oh and my CZ-52 had some crazy talk out there. I dunno if one of the rounds I got in my surplus 7.62x25 was actually an SMG round or something...but when I fired it literally my whole FOV turned orange with muzzle flash. I thought I had died at first because the noise level and flash (even with hearing protection) was so high. The pistol seems to have laughed it off, I couldn't find any damage on it, but it was seriously crazy. Even my buddy was amazed by it.

Kinda makes me wonder about those crazy surplus rounds.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
some of those smg 7.62X25 rnds are unreal in their presentation, I have an entire case of the stuff and since the CZ52 has a strong double roller setup on it just like the machine guns, I fell pretty safe shooting that stuff through it, sounds like you had fun, keep enjoying those fine guns

·
You know who I am
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My CZ52 is one of my favorite guns to shoot. Prolly shot 2000+ rds through it, and I have 12000 more waiting for it and my Tok..... >:D
Dang! I've put about 300 through my CZ so far. Have another 100 of shoot em up ammo and an unopened case of 800 that's not going to be used unless the need arises :p I'm planning on getting a Tok at some point and buying another 1600 rounds or so. I doubt I'll hit 12,000 though, I don't even have that much in .22LR lol.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Got a chance to pick one up (CZ-52) here for $200.00 I've been told on other boards that it is pretty much worthless as a SD/HD weapon. What do you guys think? Why is 7.62 an awesome EBR round but such a terrible handgun round. Aside from the fact that it's shorter and only has a muzzle velocity of a measly 1500 FPS?

·
You know who I am
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't say it's worthless for home defense, but it's dangerous because of overpenetration. 7.62x25 will go through some types of body armor, so it will also go through walls and whatnot and could possibly injure family members in your house, or other civilians nearby in a self defense situation.

I love shooting my CZ-52, but I wouldn't use it for self defense because of the overpenetration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.