Fun Find

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by BadMonk, Dec 29, 2015.

1. I've been interested in a HP Carbine for a while but never made the move until my birthday, a couple weeks ago. GunBroker had a 995TS with no bids for $199. Turns out that I win the auction and I picked it up yesterday.

Today I finally get to opening up everything and geez...everything - paperwork, sling, take down tool, magazine - but the scope (which is mounted) is still in the factory packaging. The stuff has never been opened. At this point, I'm assuming this is basically a 'new' 995 that's never been fired.

It actually looks like it was bought some years ago and put into a closet or whatever and never used or abused. The receiver cover has a few small areas of very light surface rust...like it's never been cleaned and oiled.

Dang, I never have this kind of luck!

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

Nice! Happy birthday!!

3. Yeah, thanks...turning 60 wasn't as bad as I thought...LOL!!

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Can't say that anymore.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Great deal!

Does it have hex nuts or little twisty clips on the bolts holding the cover on?

6. It's got clips of some kind. At first glance, I thought they were e-clips but they're more 'complex' than that. Definitely not hex nuts. Is there some significance to that??

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yea. It's newer than the hex nut style.

8. good to know. is there a data base to match serial numbers with manufacture date?

9. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Yeah, his name is Macho Mel :D

10. Found it...Announcements.
    So...who is Macho Mel? Is he scary?

11. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Our resident HP historian! And a really nice guy!

12. Thank you...thank you very much. I'll look him up and see if maybe he'd shed some light on my serial number.:)

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

He's mean and cranky. Just bring beer and he will love you like a son

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    [email protected]!

15. Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  16. Macho Mel was kind enough to guesstimate my 995's birthday somewhere between 2008 and 2010. He's not scary (now...:D) but given his former employment...yeah he probably was. :eek: I empathize with Mel to some extent since I taught high school for a year (that was plenty) and driven a school bus for four years. :cool: Otherwise, I appreciate Macho Mel.

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Ya Mel has a bro mance. Better watch it he's contagious. If you find yourself ogling HP late at night. Seek medical attention.

18. hotshot

hotshot Member

wow your making great headway....i am getting my first 995TS next week
    and i will be 71 in March...$237 at Kentucky Gun Co..online order. enjoy!