Fun Morning...(NOT)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MaryB, Jun 16, 2015.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I got up to get ready to go see the neck doc this morning. Got off the toilet seat and headed for the shower when I heard bubbling...

I turn around to see what the heck is going on when it bubbles harder then the toilet geysered all over the walls, ceiling, me...

They were cleaning the sewers and missed putting a plug in the line to my house temporarily and it back fed the lines in my house!

After I scrubbed the bathroom, showered, grabbed my V8 and a coke for breakfast to drink on the road... House still stinks like sewer, I have to make sure they didn't blow something in the basement tomorrow.

Not a fun start to the day!

2. colthrash

colthrash Member

Yaa, I got nothing except sympathy for you. suggest an invoice to the people who did this to your house?

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Oh my...... Did you masticate a posterior on your way out?

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

ALL that & you didn't shoot anybody?
    I believe that somebody should have gone to emergency & somebody should have went to jail!!!

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Eyes were raised when I walked up with a gun on my hip... no real damage so far, need to get into the crawl space tomorrow and check plumbing. I was to tired when I got done with the doc today to deal with it. Getting there means lifting a heavy trap door then hunching down a tunnel to get to where I can sorta stand...

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    You should hire Serv Pro or some other HAZMAT cleaning service for your bathroom, and then send the bill to the plumbing crew. It sounds like the mess they made requires professional attention.

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Yep call a professional service and bill those asshats.

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

That's a shi**y situation...

:sorry:

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Wahhhhh wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh..........

10. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

It was mostly clean water they forced back up, little bleach, a mop and bucket, good as new. Except for my attitude today :bang:

11. yworrydog

yworrydog Supporting Member

That a girl always best if you can handle it yourself, they didn't do it intentionally, so a little inconveniences and it is over. :)

12. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

^^^i agree completely. if it happens again though, raise hell! It might be worth having somebody come make sure you didn't blow through any plumbing.

When they put a new storm drain and street in front of my rental house, they failed big time. After the construction, during the first couple rains, i was getting water in my basement. It was coming up through my floor drain. It took 3 months dealing with the city before they acknowledged the mess. Eventually they had to come out and dig up a portion of the new road in order to fix what they had done. Basically the storm drains were running into my basement and it wasn't like that prior to the new road construction. Typical city/government work......did i say that?

13. Glad you got off the toilet before that happened.

14. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    No kiddin'. That would have been like sitting on the bidet from hell!

15. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

A forced feeding, as it were...

;)

eldar

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Trust me, if I had been sitting there someone might have been shot!

No basement leaks, they popped the clean out cap off but that happens when we have super heavy rains too. Basement is more or less a dirt hole in the ground so and wet down there gets a little lime tossed on it and shrug it off. I need to tear out all the old cast iron and replace it with PVC all the way up through the roof but it has not been in either the budget or my energy level.

Now that mulberries are ripening I will be picking those for an hour or more a day, I freeze them until I have enough to make jam. So there goes my energy for the day! Plus I have to start blanching spinach and Japanese mustard spinach and freezing it. So plumbing will wait!

17. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

speaking of mulberries i picked a 5 gallon bucket yesterday and plan to make some wine out of it. i hate mullberry trees/bushes, but i love the berries, so once a year makes it worth putting up with the ugly things.

18. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Mary that sucks!!!!

I've never had a mulberry anyone want to share what they taste like?

19. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Like a mulberry... somewhat like a raspberry but sweeter, less tart, smaller seeds... I picked a pint today. Only 1 tree and they just started getting ripe so slow picking yet. If I can get a gallon it will make some nice jam.

20. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

We had a Mulberry tree in the back yard.

It was a fight to beat the tent caterpillars to the berries before they got them.

Mulberries on cereal in the mornings was a real treat!

Yum!

eldar