Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wife and I took our CHL this weekend. The teacher talked a while about buying a quality firearm and how you want to make sure it functions well when you need it most.

......jump ahead to the range test.........

A couple was sharing a gun, and in the interest of time the instructor offered to let one of the people use his gun since they were the same caliber... his was a glock. I thought that was weird, but what ever, I didn't really care. The dude got about 10 rounds away from being completed, then that glock seized up cold! The instructor worked and worked on it for a while and he could not get it cleared. It wouldn't slide back for nothing! The instructor said he had shot well enough to qualify already and he sat out for the last 10 rounds. The instructor was a police officer and it was his duty weapon.

Anyway, I kind of got a chuckle out of it. The guy that was talking about making sure your weapon is reliable is the one who's flat out broke. Hope he gets it fixed.

Goes to show, any gun can break at some point.

There was a guy in the class with a Hi Point 45 that pass with flying colors.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
yep they all break... but i'll bet he wasn't cleaning it well enough ... that has been a problem with the police around here..esp when they carry glocks

·
Registered
799 Posts
Firearms fail none of them are perfect, doesnt mean Glocks are bad weapons. I do think its funny when a glock fails its due to operator error of improper maintenence or some obscure production flaw. If its a less expensive firearm that fails then they are all just pieces of junk. Peoples perspectives always make me laugh

Oh one more thing a JHP in a CHL class kinda made me laugh too

G

·
I had my "Vaunted 1911" fail when Neo shot it.
(Then again, hes part limey, so I expect he wasnt used to the .45ACP!!! I am kidding neo!!!!)

I agree: mechanical things DO break down.

·
Registered
557 Posts
wife and I took our CHL this weekend. The teacher talked a while about buying a quality firearm and how you want to make sure it functions well when you need it most.

......jump ahead to the range test.........

A couple was sharing a gun, and in the interest of time the instructor offered to let one of the people use his gun since they were the same caliber... his was a glock. I thought that was weird, but what ever, I didn't really care. The dude got about 10 rounds away from being completed, then that glock seized up cold! The instructor worked and worked on it for a while and he could not get it cleared. It wouldn't slide back for nothing! The instructor said he had shot well enough to qualify already and he sat out for the last 10 rounds. The instructor was a police officer and it was his duty weapon.

Anyway, I kind of got a chuckle out of it. The guy that was talking about making sure your weapon is reliable is the one who's flat out broke. Hope he gets it fixed.

Goes to show, any gun can break at some point.

There was a guy in the class with a Hi Point 45 that pass with flying colors.
When I took my CHL a couple of years ago, the one--ONE time my XD45 FTF was that day (at over 2k through it)-- the kicker was and old wheelgun guy in front of my qualed with a CF380 that he bought so he could get licensed for autos and revolvers (in Texas, if you qual with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver. If you qual with an auto, you can carry both--?!?!?!)-- Anyway, his gun had zero issues...

Go figure--

8*)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts