Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I just purchased three new 10 rd mags for my C9 and one of them was glitchy it wouldn't chamber a round and it caused nose up jams at every point except the last two rounds!

Now I could have called hi point except... I am a technician and I figured I would try and fix it first :wink:

What I did was take my good mags 3 8rd and 2 10 rd that worked and measured the feed lips with my trusty dial caliper! then I measured the offending mag.

the offending mag was way too narrow on the rear lips that hold the round at the correct angle and way wide on the front wings.

.012 narrow on the rear lips and .022 wide on the front wings!!!

so I got out the leatherman and tweaked the lips and :shock: the mag worked... like butter...like poop through a goose :lol: you get my point :!:

My main point here is before calling hi point and requesting they send you more mags check the ones you got they may just need adjusted ... and it aint rocket science it was way simple!!

If I had a good video cam I would make a vid and post it on the topic!

The whole project took like 3 min and it was done and the mag works just as good as all the other ones... as in 0 ftf and 0 nose up jams :!:

·
Registered
586 Posts
OK so I just purchased three new 10 rd mags for my C9 and one of them was glitchy it wouldn't chamber a round and it caused nose up jams at every point except the last two rounds!

Now I could have called hi point except... I am a technician and I figured I would try and fix it first :wink:

What I did was take my good mags 3 8rd and 2 10 rd that worked and measured the feed lips with my trusty dial caliper! then I measured the offending mag.

the offending mag was way too narrow on the rear lips that hold the round at the correct angle and way wide on the front wings.

.012 narrow on the rear lips and .022 wide on the front wings!!!

so I got out the leatherman and tweaked the lips and :shock: the mag worked... like butter...like poop through a goose :lol: you get my point :!:

My main point here is before calling hi point and requesting they send you more mags check the ones you got they may just need adjusted ... and it aint rocket science it was way simple!!

If I had a good video cam I would make a vid and post it on the topic!

The whole project took like 3 min and it was done and the mag works just as good as all the other ones... as in 0 ftf and 0 nose up jams :!:
I've tried bending my mag lips in, but they get stretched back out to too wide after one round passes through them...

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Don't know who did this drawing or I would give credit to them.

Adjust the back first then the small nose tabs. I've had good luck with that.

G

·
okay. so im having the same problem with my new 10 mag. all my eights work fine...so heres my question. i have the HP cf.380 so im just wondering if the measurements that are posted are suppossed to be the same for .380. you had the c9 and just wondering if your measurements will work for my 380 rounds. thanks

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep the 380 mags are the same as the C9 mags!!!

G

·
well for some reason when i shot 380 out of the ten round mags i got nose down jams every round but when i threw 9mm in them they fired no problem... so there has to be something different between to two. either way i no longer have my 380 so no biggy

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Well the .380 rounds are 2mm shorter than 9mm Luger. That is another reason why it is a good idea to seat the rounds by tapping the mag against your hand.

As a side note. When i first got my .380, i adjusted the lips(on stock 8 round) to look like the modded ones in the pic. IT allowed the rounds to try to double load. I adjusted them back to stock settings(.345 front and rear), and it feeds perfectly now.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well for some reason when i shot 380 out of the ten round mags i got nose down jams every round but when i threw 9mm in them they fired no problem... so there has to be something different between to two. either way i no longer have my 380 so no biggy
Nope they are the same part# even ... I wondered the same thing so I called Hi Point and asked Shirley Deeb and she said they are the same... however I wouldn't doubt that you might have to tweak them slightly diff to get the 380 to feed right.

As I don't have a 380 and have no plans to get one I cannot say for sure however on the adjustment part. All I am sure of is that the mags are the same and that the adjustments in the picture worked for me on both my 8rd mags (which were all in spec) and my 10 rd mags of which one was out of spec!

G

·
okay. well good to know/ once again i have gotten rid of my 380 and probably wont get another one but now i have the knowledge to fix it in any cases that may arise in the future :] or if i get a crappy 9mm mag and need to adjust it thanks again :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts