Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More competition for H/P. Too bad the new C9 is not out.

G-Force has price-point shotguns made for them in Turkey. But their GF9 will be made in the US.

Trigger Grey Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
And it does take Glunk magazines, apparently. Smart move on their part. I may not like Glock,but their mags are good and everywhere. Any word on price point? Didn't see a MSR on the website

·
Premium Member
36,967 Posts
Yeah. HI point has been on the edge of costing too much for what you get in the handguns for a while now. If it weren’t for the carbines, I don’t think they’d still be in business.

·
Premium Member
26,410 Posts
Yeah. HI point has been on the edge of costing too much for what you get in the handguns for a while now. If it weren’t for the carbines, I don’t think they’d still be in business.
Fairly certain that's what the YC-9 was supposed to correct? More handgun for the money.

Reactions: ajole

·
Super Moderator
10,145 Posts
Look Ma! They sell semi-automatic pump shotguns!
Screenshot Font Gun barrel Metal Auto part

·
Administrator
29,341 Posts
Reactions: adam01364

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,937 Posts
Look Ma! They sell semi-automatic pump shotguns!
View attachment 76407
Cooter has one of those, solid built and reliable. Low 200 range at RKGUNS. Looks like an 870 based platform to me... with an updated ejector, looks unbreakable

Love to see that pistol come in at the low $200 price point, darn near get 3 of those for a glunk. I got magazines 😹😹😹

Font Screenshot Parallel Electric blue Brand

OOPS o_O

But, this also looks like a G26 clone, not a G19. So they are filling a new niche, could be a great decision, IMO.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think Hi-Point is safe.

View attachment 76410
Dang, that's a bit more than a Ruger Security 9 Compact. I'm not familiar with the compact version, but I've owned a Security since early on and it's run like a top and shoots just fine, you mainly miss out on aftermarket support, but I imagine the compact runs just as well and is maybe around the same size as the GFORCE.

Sportsman's had a sale recently on CZ pistols that stacked with a factory rebate that put P-10C pistols around $449, which is a mere $50 more, although on a larger pistol. These days I'm not sure $50 less on a pistol makes as much difference as maybe $200-$250 out the door does. Maybe just the way I think, but if I could get a CZ Glock-clone for $449 I would choose that over saving $50 on someone else's Glock-clone.

BTW: I DID buy a P-10C at that price and I'll say it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those Gen 3 G19 clones are becoming prolific and affordable. What's funny is that many of them have features making them better than the original, even though they cost less. The PSA Dagger is a prime example.
Yep. Got a Stoeger STR9 (G-19 clone'ish, but better sights and ergo) a couple of months ago for $175. Gave up waiting for the new C9. Very happy with the STR9. Guns like this will crush H/P if they do not get the new C9 out.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,937 Posts
The P-10 is basically a Glock 17/19 if Glock had actually improved that pistol over the years. Honestly, I feel like the CZ is superior by every measure I can apply to it except mag price and availability.
I just can't see it that way, CZ is a much older company and their polymer lines of pistols sure seem much more CZ-ish than Glock-ish. Plus, you can't make a statement like the G series "would be" like the P10 "if glock had improved (them) over the years". Glock's Evolution is very slow, and they deliberately want a high degree of continuity because of the LEO Driven marketplace.
But I do agree that the CZ is superior, and agree with your 2 exceptions.

Yep. Got a Stoeger STR9 (G-19 clone'ish, but better sights and ergo) a couple of months ago for $175. Gave up waiting for the new C9. Very happy with the STR9. Guns like this will crush H/P if they do not get the new C9 out.
The Stoeger seems like a solid piece, 2 negatives I noted...
1. Darn near PROPRIETARY MAGAZINES, hard to find and costly!
2. Seems to me the sights have a 1911 style Combat Hold. Nearly all my other guns utilize the lollipop or half-coverage, and the one mag I shot thru it, I did not adjust very well.
Otherwise, nice pistol, good breakdown (but needs extended breakdown tabs) and Stoeger Barrels are purposely non-compatible 😭😭😭

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Stoeger seems like a solid piece, 2 negatives I noted...
1. Darn near PROPRIETARY MAGAZINES, hard to find and costly!
2. Seems to me the sights have a 1911 style Combat Hold. Nearly all my other guns utilize the lollipop or half-coverage, and the one mag I shot thru it, I did not adjust very well.
Otherwise, nice pistol, good breakdown (but needs extended breakdown tabs) and Stoeger Barrels are purposely non-compatible 😭😭😭
1. Yep. I got a pr @ $30 (typical ouch price, but I'm done). Short supply (temporary?) due to lots of buyers.
2. Yep. Combat hold so I've been shooting 6 o'clock... will learn. Yep, not 100% G-19 clone, but no impact at all on my needs.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cooter has one of those, solid built and reliable. Low 200 range at RKGUNS. Looks like an 870 based platform to me... with an updated ejector, looks unbreakable

Love to see that pistol come in at the low $200 price point, darn near get 3 of those for a glunk. I got magazines 😹😹😹

But, this also looks like a G26 clone, not a G19. So they are filling a new niche, could be a great decision, IMO.
I picked up G-Force pump for $139. Darn thing works just like a pump shotgun to me. But learned and have only ever shot an 870, not a Benelli.

MSRP of $399 on GF9 pistol looks very high. But the MSRP on their pump I got was also about twice what I paid. Like we've seen with other new gun releases, I would guess discount margins to improve a lot after the first wave is over.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts