<gag> Glock-ness compatibility...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by undeRGRound, Nov 23, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    TNT says I cannot convert a G17 to a 40, I have to go down in caliber,
    not up...
    I thought they were the same frame, but he says I have
    to get a "foughty" and make it a 9mm. Thinking about the
    "Dark Side" here, don't hate :rofl:
    Maybe T1st will chime in? :confused:

2. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I used to know why but now all I know is he's right. Unfortunately he snuck one correct answer out from under his foil hat.

3. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i thought it was a more complex answer than this but google says that you can't put a 10mm diameter barrel in a 9mm diameter hole. Now I can tell you you can get a lot done with lube but not that much.

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The 17 and the 22 have the same frames, but they have different slides. I suppose that you could possibly get another slide to do the conversion, but that could end up making the conversion cost high enough to justify adding another gun to the collection.

5. jonahspa

jonahspa Member

The 22 barrel won't fit in the 17 slide, barrel is thicker. Lone wolfe does sale slides though, not sure how much they are

6. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

Agreed. In like manner, a .40 cal 27 can be converted to a 9mm 26 but not the other way around. The 27 slide is slightly wider inside than the 26.

7. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    A 9 to 40 conversion barrel could be made, the barrel O.D. would have to be 1mm thinner than a regular 40 caliber barrel. As long as they used good steel it would be fine, because the chamber area would still be the same size as a regular 40 caliber.
    The real reason no one makes a 9 to 40 conversion barrel is that the early gen 1 and 2 Glock frames are not strong enough handle 40 caliber. And soon as you start selling that barrel, someone is going to drop one in a 1987 model gen 1 Glock 17. They shoot it, it goes kaboom, and the barrel maker has a lawsuit on his hands.

8. lsi1

lsi1 Member

this is what I thought the problem was damn google for telling me it was just too small a hole.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Same Frame, different Slides. Got It!

I know the G20 LWD longslide, assembled and ready to go,
    $305 shipped :eek: But I think I will get it, unless the current
    setup is just too sweet to change! :D

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Go .357sig or .45GAP :D