GALCO holster fitting guestion

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by wganz, Dec 12, 2014.

1. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Just got this GALCO Matrix holster:

[​IMG]

Took some doing to stuff my JHP into it. No way is this correct for trying to draw from. Know it isn't leather but should I leave it in the holster to get the plastic to 'set' before I start twisting on screws trying to 'adjust' it? Not unlike loading the C9 mags for a couple of weeks prior to using them.

My philosophy here is that stupid questions are easier to ask than stupid mistakes are to fix.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, the plastic won't "set". The screws are the answer. That's why the instructions say to use them.;)

3. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Pffftt... Instructions. Who needs instructions? ;)

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Danged right. If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.:p

5. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

I had the same holster. I like it. But you'll need to adjust the screws once in a while. They like to back out a bit. I adjusted mine til I could hear a click while holstering but the holster wouldn't slip up during the draw. Just play with it till its comfortable. The nice thing is a penny works great on the screws.

6. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Got it adjusted

but definitely need a good belt to hold up that big arsed Zamak slide. Glad that Texas is going to get Open Carry since you'd be definitely be printing appendix carrying a JHP.