Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, sorry if this has been covered already. I'm on my blackberry and it's tough to wade through search results. If there's already been a discussion on this could someone post the link for me?

That being said-

My local Gander Mountain has a lightly used beretta 96 (40 caliber 92 basically) for $399...does that sound like a good price?

The gun is in excellent shape! It looks like it has hardly been fired. There's just a little bit of holster wear on the finish.

I love the look of the 92/96. Maybe its my love for lethal weapon and die hard :). I've wanted a beretta 92 for some time now. But seeing that .40 was pretty tempting.

Any insight is greatly appreciated - including insight on price and personal opinions.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
berettas are no better or worse that any other in the later guns. the earlier ones had some issues but they were rectified by the time the 96 came out. just make sure it has been taken care of. look for excessive wear on the slide, barrel and rails. 399$ is a good price if it is in good to very good condition with 2 magazines. anything past that haggle hard.

SW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SW.

It looked to be in great condition. I didn't even notice any wear on the barrel itself. Just some finish wear most likely due to a holster.

Hmmm...perhaps I am getting a gander mountain card :)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
if they will let you, dissasemble or have the clerk do it for you. look for excesive wear or galling on the front 1/3 of teh slide rails. it can hide from a cursory exterior inspection easily. also look for excessive play in the extractor and make sure it isnt "egged" by trying to slide it back and forth, it shouldnt move at all except for pivoting on the pin. if there is ANY play in the extractor at all, reject the gun. i worked on one that had egged the extractor hole and the gun ended up needing a new slide.

SW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts